Friday, December 28, 2012

uncle merv gets merry

It's hard to get a post together when I'm not working! Having a break from regular and immediate computer access is a very good thing, though, and I've been enjoying these long, lovely vacation days. It's been all kinds of merry up in here, and in classic Jacquie fashion I've managed to capture just the barest smattering of moments with which to create archival memoirs. First, we had a party! The halls were decked, buddy boy. It went from this


 to this


in no time flat.

Then there were a few days of hangover shopping before we had Christmas!

We went from this


 to this


 to this


 to this




in no time flat.

And all the other days in between and since have been filled with movies and snacks and sunshine and friends and fun. Why would I have photos of any of that on a day when I'm so short on words? Pshaw. We're taking a road trip next week, and we all know what that means.

Stay tuned for Uncle Merv's Vacation Album!

Merry, Happy days continued....

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, how lovely. And I'm impressed you remembered to take a photo of everyone (except yerself) sitting at the table for Christmas -- the Hammerschleckahs always do, and I never do.

Love your girl's exuberance (and her Christmas jammies) and you and your friends' exuberance (and your shotglasses).

Looks to me like a merry time was had by all.

Happy Trails!
Ellie

Beth said...

So much entertaining in your home lately, J! Love it.

I also love how your and Des & Eric's boy have the hair sweep-over deal going, but to opposite sides. It really lends symmetry to the photo ;)

I look forward to Uncle Merv does San Francisco, and environs.

xo,
Beth