Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back at the ranch

I first visited "the ranch" with my lovely co-blogger, Jacquie, on a cloudy Saturday in February.

This time around, on a hot(!) Saturday in September, I was accompanied by my lovely mother.

Rancho La Puerta is hard to explain. At least for me. It's as much a feeling as a place. A refuge from the hustle and bustle of real life, a place out of time, yet close by and easy to get to.

See? I'm not doing a very good job of describing it to you. And you know what they say.....yep, a picture is worth a thousand words....


Jacquie, I discovered a new spot. The roof of the Villas spa. No one was up there but ME! We must hit it up next time we go.

Big hot tub

Small COLD pool



Amazing views

Cushy chairs


Not-so private, but gorgeous outside shower (but again, I had this all to myself!)





The good ol' reflexology path

A newly added sculpture, my favorite!

So much so, I had to capture it from two angles
Our little neighbor at lunch








St Francis residing over the ginormous organic garden(s)


3 comments:

Pat said...

It is a magical place. Thanks again for the best Mother's Day gift ever!
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow! How spectacular!

I love the sun and the warmth that place exudes. Oh, and the flowers. And, of course, the pools.

Aw jeez.

Yes please.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, I love that place! Did you get to go to the cooking school again? I'd love to go back, maybe for a week.

xoxo
Jacquie