Monday, October 2, 2017

Cloud Appreciation Society

My Mom is now an official member of the Cloud Appreciation Society.

I know, right??

My friend Dawnie gave me the gift of membership for my birthday last year, and it has changed my life in big and beautiful ways. Dawn's a cloud-lover. And she helped me recognize my inner cloud-lover. And not that long ago my Mom said to me, "I never liked clouds before but now, because of you, I love them."

Bam. Membership.

I'm typically a terribly gift-giver, but this time I must say, I had that ding!ding!ding!ding!ding! moment. Clouds. For Mom.

We have approximately eight zillion awesome cloud shots, but these are a few recent favorites . . .

. . .  because the thing about clouds?

. . .  they keep things interesting.

Our recent visit to the PVI gave us great material . . .

. . .  'course, the beach always provides the canvas for the drama . . .

. . . and oh, there was drama.

There always is . . .

. . . there sure was four years ago, when we celebrated in the self-same place for my fiftieth . . .

 . . . the clouds put on quite a show for us during that visit.

But anyway, back to Mom.

Here were the photos we included in her card, all taken the day she and the Mistah took a hike together at Harkness Memorial State Park . . . 

. . . the front . . .

. . . the inside . . .

. . .  the back.

 And yeah, that's Mom on the hill. Hiking. She's awesome, that Mom of mine . . . 

. . . but I still think we should have included the penis clouds.

6 comments:

mom said...

lovely post Ellie, I love being famous...thanks for the excellent gift....
xoxoxo

Beth said...

Congratulations to you, Ellen!

xoxo,
b

Gail Watrous said...

I saw some incredible clouds when we were in Florida last spring-- I LOVE clouds ( and stars and the moon...)

Joan said...

Absolutely LOVE these photos, and yes, I love clouds of every configuration, shape, texture and size. And yes, size matters! :)
xo
SIL JNB

Jacquie said...

Gorgeous and lovely, as per usual! I consider myself a card carrying member of the sky lovers' club. Wait, where's my card?


xoxo
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Well you get a pin, not a card.

Wait! Why didn't I include a photo of my CAS pin??

E