Friday, December 26, 2008

images from a Merry Christmas

It's true.
.
If you build it,

they will come.

Our peeps gathered 'round the manger vat of bubbling oil on Christmas Eve,
.
some were more steadfast than others when the weather turned foul


I tried my hand at acorn squash , it was sublime


halve and scoop the squash, then place them face down in a baking dish with about a cup of broth. Cook for about 30 minutes, then turn squash over, brush inside cavity with coarse dijon. Add a bit of butter and roasted garlic slivers, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon (I might have forgotten the cinnamon, but it sounds good, doesn't it?) Return to the oven until hot and bubbly.

we ate a gorgeous meal


the kids ate too (my girl is hidden behind her friend Olivia. Hi Beth's girls!)


Santa's progress was tracked on Norad

Later, the kids retired into their new jammies (Hi Aunt Charlotte!)

And set up refreshments for Santa and his reindeer

a cup of mocha was offered in the santa mug after this photo was taken
.
....
.
Bright and early Christmas morning, some very awesome presents were revealed
.
for the naughty
(that's coal in her left hand)
and the nice
(I'm kidding, KIDDING, people! she got one too)
.
We even had a nice old-fashioned High School Musical sing-along.

Peace out from skinny Santa

Oh, and finally, I take back every unflattering thing I have ever said about Moki.
.
She is a dog after my own heart.

Are you ready for this, mom and dad?!?!

9 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, Jacquie, such grandiosity. Love it. Have fun with M&D!!

Ellie

Kathy Rogers said...

Looks like a pretty fab party! Merry Christmas!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Good girl, Moki!

Thanks for the fab christmas eve dinner, Jacquie. That vat of oil sure was interesting, and the squash was indeed sublime.

Beth

Unknown said...

That looks like a wonderful Christmas. Skinniest Santa ever.

Lola said...

Looks pretty great to me, especially the acorn squash and the beer drinking dog!

Melissaand3boys said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Let us know how Jimmy likes his ipod. Nick might like one for his birthday which is coming up around the corner (just like Jimmy's).

Melissa Feb 99

The Stiletto Mom said...

Great pics, I love the lump of coal! How delish was that fried turkey? We did the same thing...to die for yummy!

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Great looking red and white snowflake tablecloth! Acorn squash... we love it and have it a few times throughout the fall season... so easy and yummy too. Looks like a wonderful holiday celebration at your house this year.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Hey there Melissa! I can't find your e-mail address anywhere - on the chance that you check back here, we give the ipod a zillion thumbs up, it is nonstop entertainment. They got refurbished 2nd generations that Santa found on ebay, adding the 2 yr warranty. Nice to hear from you!

Di - remember how I took back the mean things I've said about my puppy? Now I take that back. After she polished off the heinekin, she ate a giant hole through my pretty red snowflake tablecloth.

Jacquie