Friday, December 12, 2008

Today's T-rrific

What’s so special about today you ask?

Well, I’ll tell you, lots of things.

In addition to December 12 being the 346th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar, with only 19 days remaining until the end of the year, it’s also Our lady of Guadalupe Day, Mexico's most important religious holiday.


I have a special place in my heart for her, and always offer up cosmic adoration on 12/12.

Today we’re also in store for the biggest and brightest full moon of the year. I didn’t realize that some full moons are actually bigger than others, but it’s true, and tonight's is a biggie. Tonight the moon will be full just 4 hours after reaching “perigee” (when the moon's orbit is closest to the earth), making it 14% bigger and 30% brighter than some other full moons of 2008.


On a more personal level, this December 12 also makes exactly two years since my oh-so-very-soon-to-be ex-husband moved out.

Where does the time go?

In addition to all the cool things mentioned above, today is also the 43rd birthday of my T-rrific boyfriend.

I’ve known him for years and years, since college actually, but I’ve gotten to know him a lot better during this past year. He’s a good one; here are just some of his stellar qualities:

He’s fearless,

and flexible,

Both literally and figuratively

and funny (read his email below)

"Sonny threw up a bottle cap this am. Serves him right for drinking my beer."

and he fishes. (Sometimes he even catches something.)

He’s also artistic,


great at entertaining the kids,


plus, he can cook, but that’s a post for another day…

So Happy December 12, everybody, and Happy Birthday, my manly moonbeam, T!

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Happy Birthday, T-Boy! We're looking forward to celebrating with you guys tongight. Keep that dog away from my beer.

jacquie

Anonymous said...

I particularly like T's artistic side.
Very clever, him.

Anonymous said...

Well.... k-AH-ching on the new/old beau! (But I wish all 3 of you would stop posting fun splash in the water summer-type photos because they make me feel a) cold and b) jealous) Thanks

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow, what a nice post. Happy Birthday to your T-Man.

The g.d. sky over New London is full of thick grey clouds; we'll never get to see that perigee full moon tonight. Bastards.

Ellie