Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday

We trekked deep into the forest this weekend to find the perfect Christmas tree. The kids and I sang joyous hymns of encouragement while Daddy felled the noble fir, then we loaded it onto our sled and danced home in anticipation of the old fashioned family fun we would have trimming it.
.


Not buying it?

.
Well, we did trudge. We had to park really far away!
.

.
I've never been one to get hung up on the whole Christmas tree selection process. I've always been happiest when a tree just shows up in the house. It's not for lack of caring, it's that I don't see how you can pick a bad one. You go for the height that's right, and stick it in the corner. It's a tree, it's going to look like this........... (pony puppy costs extra)
.
.
..
Until you make it look like this............ (pointing children cost extra)
.
Not every girl can rock motorcycle boots with a santa dress.
.
.
Also this weekend, we partied with the Grinch. Yet another reason we love San Diego
.


.
What do you think these two are negotiating?
.



.

I'm afraid to wonder what my boy got in return.

.

7 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ha! That Grinch is incorrigible. How's that giant puppy doing with that tree in his bedroom? Eating the ornaments yet? Peeing on it yet?

Ellie

NucMEd is Hot said...

Jacquie, this is by for the funniest thing I have seen today. I want to go to a party with the Grinch!! I am crazy jealous.

Nancy said...

She IS rockin' the dress with the boots for sure!

The Grinch ... Christmases effort to "go green".

Nice tree =)

Oh yeah ... I like the new header.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Nice ass shot of the grinch, Jacquie. He is definitely one of a kind, that guy.

Beth

Anonymous said...

The girl's boots and Santa dress, totally rock.She a total fashionista

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Jacquie? I think the Grinch is Rigging Out.

Ellie

-C said...

Love the Grinch! Will he travel to DC?

Too funny.

Charlotte