Monday, December 1, 2008

Zit fit

I’ve admitted before that I do not like Mondays. It is, by far, my least favorite day of the week. It is especially hard to take after a 4-day weekend. A fun 4-day weekend during which your office is just a distant memory.

But, inevitably, it arrives; Monday morning shows up, and you drag yourself out of bed, grudgingly. And when your kids complain that they don’t want to go to school, you snarl, “Well too bad, sweetie, it’s Monday. Get up.”

The above scenario played out this morning, of course, which was bad enough, but what was really awful, the insult to my already injured mind state, were the 3 angry new zits staring back at me in the bathroom mirror. 3! (In addition to the 1 that was already there.) Wtf?

Like my dear co-blogger, Jacquie, I’m 40 years old. 40. The big four-oh. When am I going to stop getting zits?

I was forced to break out both of my acne products this morning.

Being ever vigilant about exactly what I was putting on my face.

I even brought one of them to work with me today, because guess what? I’m going to a 40th birthday party, my boyfriend’s brother’s 40th birthday party, in Phoenix, this weekend, and I don’t want to show up with a face full of pimples.

Didn’t this happen to me once before? Oh, yes. Yes, it did. But it was my girlfriend’s 16th birthday party.

Will this never end?

9 comments:

Rita said...

What is your skin care routine? I swear to God, when I started using Clinique again, my break outs went away. I was having hideous mirena-induced breakouts like back when I was a teenager, but the magic Clinique potions cleared it all up. I know, I sound like I work for them, but I don't. And maybe they'd just fuck up your skin worse, who knows, lol. But, I do know that if you hate their products you can take them all back for a full refund with no more explanation than, "I hate your products, give me my money back."

Kathi D said...

I had MORE zits at 40 than I did at 16! WTF?

On the plus side, now that I am truly ancient, I am mostly zitless.

Anonymous said...

My zits just moved from my face to my butt. Dang it's hell getting old! Can't see cuz the eyes are gone, can't hear cuz I listened to too much loud rock and roll, can't walk cuz my feet hurt, and now I can't sit either.... LMAO

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I think the answer is to wear something really distracting to draw people's gaze away from your zits. Like a jaunty cap, or a sparkly necklace, or a santa suit. Yes, a santa suit! You can add the beard if the outbreak gets any worse.

just here to help,

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Jacquie is *so* helpful. That is *excellent* fashion advice.

The only thing worse than zits? Cramps. Now excuse me while I hit the couch with the heating pad.

Ellie

King of New York Hacks said...

I use proactive on my face and butt, yet that rogue pimple always finds the best time to arrive...and I turn 40 in a few days.

Aunt Becky said...

Am totally breaking out currently. Never broke out when I was a teenager and it was expected. Sad but true.

Lola said...

Perimenopause is a BITCH! No zits in my teens either, but after 40, it's a nightmare. I'd get the big, painful kind. I went back on the pill because my hormones were so out of whack that I was turning into a raving lunatic, and voila, no zits and I actually seem sane every so often ;)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Well, I'm now feeling so much better; it seems all I need to do is: use Clinique and Proactive products, go back on the pill, and wear a Santa suit. Not sure if I can carry this all out by Friday, but maybe....

Beth