Tuesday, March 2, 2010

B is for Blanca

A is for Anneke, C is for Capri, and B is for Beth, right?

No, wrong, B is for Blanca.

Blanca is the best. She arrives like clockwork each weekday morning at 10 am, and leaves sometime around 3 pm -- usually a bit later. She’s in no hurry to rush out the door. She seems to relish every (well almost) every moment with little miss C.

Blanca sings, and coos, and lets baby girl sleep right in her arms (who needs a stinkin’ crib?). She washes and folds tiny clothes, prepares bottles and runny baby food meals, and walks that baby girl all over the neighborhood. She even willingly plays along when Tommy decides he wants to show his brother, via photo, just how nasty the morning diaper actually is.


They have their schedule, Cappi and Blanca, and, well, daddy isn’t usually invited.

I got this email from Tommy one day:

“Cappi is looking so cute today. Wish I could touch her.”

He was kidding, of course, but you get the point. Blanca likes to keep that baby close. And baby girl likes it too.

Oh, Blanca, what would we do without you?

7 comments:

Pat Waheln said...

so...let's see...first comes Blanca, then Beth/Tommy then the sisters...that leaves Nonnie a distant 6th (except, of course, when I am actually in San Diego. Then--Move Over Blanca!)
Pat

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That girl, with her luscious cheeks and serious expression! She is an old soul.

You've got a great find in Blanca, she reminds me of our "Mama Pina", who made sure to pretend she did not see those first steps until I was there to see them, too.

:)

Jacquie

misses the baby stage in PA said...

I want my own Blanca!
and if she's not available, then I'll take Pat :)
(that moves her up to #2 in my book!)

misses the baby stage in PA said...

I want Blanca!
and if I can't have her, then I'll take Pat :)
which moves her up to #2 in my world.

PatW said...

aw thanks, Dorothea
Pat

Mom C said...

Soooo cute, Blanca too.... xo

Mom C

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, I love Blanca. Does she make Pasta Broccoli ala Mana Pina? If so, we're *all* moving in....

Ellie