Monday, March 29, 2010

to china

Ahhhh, spring break. Day after day of relaxation, sunshine, and fun. During this first weekend of the kids' extended time off from school, we hit the beach several times. Each visit was quite the same: find parking, get a good spot, set up chairs, shed clothing, lube up with sunscreen, and commence digging the ditch. Starting out is the worst, when the sand is so dry and unforgiving.



But soon the ditch offers its own sort of ledge for resting one's laurels, and then it's all fun and games.


I don't know what all those labor camp prisoners are complaining about.


When you hit water, you're done.


Set the shovels aside, and let the wild rumpus start!


Because really, a hole is for jumping.

4 comments:

hates the blue devils in PA said...

spoken/written like a woman who reads lots of children's books :)
I'll ignore the continued reference to sunny weather and beaches.
cloudy and 48 today after a long day of RAIN RAIN RAIN.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

How adorable, Jacquie! I love your boy's incredibly manly physique, and your girl's cammo (I can still see her, though).

I feel like I'm right there with you guys. Except I'm not. But I have been, many many times.

Just lovely.
xx Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I love how you can hear the ocean wind blowing during the hole-is-for-jumpnig video. It does make you feel as though you are right there, but then, like Ellie, I have been there with you all many, many times :-)

beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

oh, and I forgot to mention, very impressive ditch.

b