Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jacquie's coming out party

Ever since we got the party started here at Me, You, and Ellie, I’ve been somewhat selective about who I target with shameless self-promotion.
.
Well, that’s not true.
.
I am not at all reserved about my self-promotion (thus the shameless bit), but there are many people in my life who do not know about the blog. I guess I have an aversion to the inevitable clash between work peeps and internet peeps. I don’t want to censor myself on the blog, and I worry about how the collision of worlds might affect my very personal purpose for blogging. I don’t write much about work for those very reasons, it’s a separate part of my life and I like it that way.
.
So when I heard that Bossy was coming to town and wanted to meet local bloggers, I thought I would not go. But then I remembered that I’m me and I really don’t like to miss stuff. And Bossy’s blog was one of the first I ever read and it’s awesome, and why would I presume that anyone even gave a shit whether or not I blogged or went to a party or drank seven margaritas?
.
So I went! I came out of the blog closet, and met an eclectic yet likeminded group of people, and although I kept insisting that I was shy and introverted, I convinced everyone to do Happy Crappy. On the record.


On camera.





Bossy's got mad arm photo skills.


arm photo by Bossy


and everywhere you looked there were laptops and iphones and tweets and cameras


and I think I drank seven margaritas.



and we were all smiles


arm photo by Bossy

and good shoes.



Big thanks to Jenn and her man-eating couch for hosting the fun, and to Christina, Matthew, Deb, Katy, BOSSY, Kelly, Mel , Jenn the lurker, and Scott the camera man for a really fun time!

7 comments:

Christina said...

Love that shoe shot!

You "came out" very well :-) It was such a fun night & I am also very glad I took the leap into meeting some locals.

accomplished the closet in PA said...

very impressive.
I own 2 pairs of the shoes shown, so I think I'm pretty cool and should start a blog :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It was a fab time and I think we should all get together again SOON.

When Georgia was putting this together she asked me for a quote to use as promo for sponsors. This is what I came up with and think it is quite true:
Blogging brought us to BOSSY and BOSSY brought us together.

unmitigated me said...

I saw your picture on Jenn's blog! I recognized you! I've been writing Bossy this, and Bossy that for a week now, but you kept it a secret! Way to reveal, girl! More exclamation points!!!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I know, M.A.W. Jacquie's gorgeous face is all over the blogiverse this week.

I love it, Jacquie, and I loved your 1 a.m. (my time) texts that night, giving me the play-by-play.

Nice job. And congrats on your outing.

xxEllie

Melanie Sheridan said...

Glad I was there on your coming out! Nice to meet you. :D

Me, You, or Ellie said...

So is Bossy singing her happy/crappy? It looks as though she's belting one out.

Looks like a good time, J. Thanks for sharing. So gald you ventured forth. I know it must have been extremely difficult for a shy, introverted person like yourself (lmao!).

beth