Monday, April 12, 2010

Repeating Myself, Repeating Myself

I know I've talked about Champagne Homerun Derby a million times already; I know I have.

The thing is, though? Overtalking about it doesn't make it any less fun to play.

And, well, we found ourselves in St. Augustine recently, as recently reported, but this time, my friends, with the Bishop of Champagne.

Do you think we're not going to play Champagne Homerun Derby with the Bishop of Champagne?

Of course we are.

Mistah Schleckah was up first . . .

. . . you know the drill . . .

. . . you assume the position . . .

. . . get ready for blast-off . . .

. . . and . . . pfffttttt. A whole lotta nothing.

But fear not, my people. I was up next. Now, remember. I had been on a terrible, awful, embarrassing hitting slump lately, the likes of which had never been seen since the dawn of humankind . . .

. . . but I felt good that day. Maybe it was being in the presence of the Bishop? Of . . . Champagne?

I don't know, but I felt confident. The thing about me, though? I always feel confident. For No Good Reason. Really. If I had half the amount of talent as I do confidence, well, I could rule the world.

I should rule the world. Because I assumed the position . . .

. . . and I crushed it. Over the dang fence. By a mile.

Oh, I got talent.

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

The streak is over! Congrats, Ellie. That champers looks delicious on this rainy Monday morning.

Xoxo

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ell-ie, Ell-ie, Ell-ie, Ell-ie, Ell-ie, they chant as you get up, assume the position, and blast it out of the park.

What did the Bishop think? I bet you got his blessing!

beth

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you feel full of confidence.I don't think you need to be superb at any particular thing to be a confident person. It's just a great thing to be. Yay for you!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Oh, you are so my kind of gal!

It makes me very sad that I will not be drinking any Champagne at our very-Bossy get-together.

It's a long story involving medication and a positive TB test. On August 16 I will be raising my glass, but not until then!