Tuesday, April 6, 2010

phoning it in

Ah, peeps. I had lovely intentions.
.
I knew I'd be hard pressed for time to get a post up for Tuesday knowing that we would have a very long and full day on Monday, and that we'd need to be up and out early this morning.
.
I figured I'd throw out a few choice photos from our weekend getaway, and call it a day.
.
However, I am unable to locate my camera cord, and I have no earthly idea of where to begin searching, and the floor is all wobbly and I'm so addled by food and drink and family love, I can hardly think straight.
.
So I'm sorry, but all I've got are the three photos that I took with my phone during the first five minutes that we were aboard the beautiful, funny, alternate universe of the Carnival Elation. Three photos that have already been shared with anyone who would listen on facebook. Ah, well.
.
The best thing about a local cruise vacation is that within minutes of leaving your driveway, you step on to the Lido deck, complete with steel drum band, abundant sunshine, and happy peeps milling all about.
.
I just had to have a photo of this sign, which captured our mood perfectly. I like the editorial addition I offered by sticking my head in front of the punchline.
.
it says "blenders"

Mom and I were more than happy to oblige, but we left the blending to others and simply enjoyed the results.
.
The kids had their vices, too, which I expertly captured despite the glare that made me shoot this photo blind:
.

24 hour self-serve ice cream. Enjoyed at regular intervals throughout the cruise, from this first moment all the way through to breakfast on the last day.

A weekend cruise to Baja with my parents, my husband, and my kids. Great weather, great times, one earthquake.

I can't wait to share the stories, and the photos!

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I love these first photos! I especially love the glimpse of Dad's hand -- holding a pink drink, natch -- in the last photo.

You look beautiful, Jacqueline! You all look so happy and excited. I am so very eager for more!

Ellie

Pickles and Dimes said...

Ooh! Looks like heaven! Love the pink drinks.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I too am looking forward to more about the "alternate universe of the Carnival Elation"!

Hopefully all adult vices were enjoyed through breakfast of the last day as well :-) And will be well documented in your future post(s)

beth