Monday, December 6, 2010

Basking In The Light

During this Time of Darkness -- you know, the time between the end of Daylight Savings Time and the Winter Solstice on December 21, when the sun barely hoists itself above the horizon and it's light every day for about 12 seconds, tops -- it sometimes helps to revisit earlier, lighter times. For the sake of preserving one's sanity.

Mistah and I went out to our friends Lisa and Michael's vacation house one afternoon last summer and it was, as always, entirely lovely.

Mistah spent a lot of the afternoon taking photos of patterns in the sand .  . .

. . . hey, if you like taking photos of patterns in the sand, and you're good at taking photos of patterns in the sand . . .

. . . I say go for it.

And Mistah did.

We drank wine and ate ripe tomatoes and garlic hummus and olives and yakked and yakked.

It's easy to solve all the problems of the world when you're drinking wine and looking out at this scene.

. . . marveling at the beauty . . .

. . . basking in the light.

11 comments:

Springer Kneeblood said...

I like that light...alot.

Pickles and Dimes said...

Those sand pattern photos are mesmerizing. Wonderful!

Lisa S said...

Gorgeous! And such a nice memory of that fun visit with you two.

Miss you tons...

Lisa S said...

If you click on the first picture to blow it up, you can see Ellie on the beach.

How am I supposed to get back to work now? I just want to daydream about Connecticut in September...

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Yep. Now I see her. Thanks for the tip, Lisa S. And, wow, what a fabulous vacation-house spot.

I absolutely love that second shot of the sand patterns. It would be awesome blown up and framed.

When is Mistah going to get his own exhibition??

And, Ellie, take heart, the winter solstice is almost here...

xo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I hadn't seen me either -- thanks, Lisa.

Miss you tons, too, and all your annual visit to CT implies: warmth, sun, beach, yakking, brightness . . .

xxE

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ah, that's lovely. We've got light, at least until the raucous hour of 5pm, but what I am severely lacking at the moment is a vacation home. Damn it!

Nice one, sistah!

Jacquie

longs for that sunshine in PA said...

My toes are COLD right now, and I wish it was because I had dipped them in one of those lakes and then walked among those cool sand patterns...but, alas, that is not the case here in Central PA.

Hsin-Yi said...

Mistah really need to be in an art show!

I miss longs days and warm toes in the sand. I'm just in denial about the weather here.

Unknown said...

What a great blog, i am searching in google from couple of days” but did not find any great way, but my search came to an end after visiting your blog.!!!Do you have any more related blogs or ideas related to like your this blog, it will help me in my further research work…Will keep following your blogs…

villa Barcelona

CatalunyaCasas said...

What a great blog, i am searching in Google from couple of days. Two Simple Ways to Get Traffic to Your Blog but did not find any great way, but my search came to an end after visiting your blog.

Villa avec piscine privée Espagne