Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crazy lady

My littlest has gone wild. It was bound to happen. But for some reason I thought the crazy season started closer to18 months, and certainly not before 16.

I was wrong.

Or, more likely, the passage of time massaged my memories of toddlerhood, much like it did those of childbirth, so that I would actually go through with the whole shebang.

She is now a crazy woman much of the time. A very small cute crazy woman. Although I must admit that she is going through a bit of an awkward phase; her hair is in that uncomely growing-out stage, she's often sticky, and she could care less about snot running down her face. (Don't even get me started on the snot bubbles. Ew.)

She's also found her voice. Her loud voice. She can scream like nobody's business. And often does.

She really knows what she wants these days, and will let you know too. She's also figured out that crying loudly and pathetically in her crib can get a quick response.

She is actually a good natured little bug, but like all toddlers, she gets testy when tired.

She is definitely giving us all a run for our money. She can no longer be anywhere near her older sisters during homework time, as she'll snatch, crumple, and rip. If you're cooking, she heads right for the stove. Thanksgiving required an entire kitchen blockade.

She cannot get enough of the contents of the recycling bin, but I do have to admit that it cracks me up every single time that I see her carrying an empty beer bottle around the house. (I never said I was mature.) Who knows what the neighbors say about her stale beer smell...

Today she came out of the pantry carrying the small Playmate cooler, it took both hands and all of her might, but she was fiercely determined to walk with that bad boy.

This week marks her first fulltime week at daycare. She seems to be doing pretty well, but she did get a short "time out" on day one. She insisted on standing on the table.

I'm hoping the beers, coolers, and table dancing are not harbingers of things to come.

But I can't worry about that now. I have to go extract the quarter from her mouth.

I love her with all my heart. I miss her during the day. But she really can be a big fat pain in the arse lately. I think the woman below might be on to something...

4 comments:

LOVE that CA baby in PA said...

Ahh, it takes me back :)

Please send her to PA! I won't even make you take one of mine because she would be a great distraction to their teenagerness (I'm pulling a Palin and making up my own words)

Love the cartoons, but would have loved a picture of her in her snot bubble, sticky glory even more.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, what a fun age! To hear about from afar, that is. Can't say that I miss those days, but it still makes me a little nostalgic for those chubby little limbs and toothless, screaming mouths :) Enjoy the ride!

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I love it Beth:

I'm hoping the beers, coolers, and table dancing are not harbingers of things to come.

I love that age, too. Our little friend Greta's that age and she has got a set of lungs on her, hoo boy. She loves the acoustics in our front hall.

Love the little snot-streaming, cooler-carrying, beer-toting munchkin. Have fun.

Ellie

Logical Libby said...

She and Meg should hang out. Wait, maybe not. The world may not be ready...