Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here kitty, kitty

It seems that even though I claim to not be a dog person, I'm always blogging about dogs.

Why is that? I'm a cat person. Why don't I blog about cats?

Yeah, I see you rolling your eyes, and raising the left corner of your lip in distaste, but it's true. I think kitties are marvelous. I do so miss the days when my middle child could not pronounce "k" properly, and instead called all kitties titties. It was all the more fun. (Who knows, maybe my youngest will have a speech impediment too.)

But that's beside the point. This post is about cats. About three four cats of past, actually. Think of it as some sort of twisted scrooge story. Nah, that doesn't really make any sense. Just look at the pretty kitties and enjoy. (The truth is I just came across these photos in an old photo box and thought they must be shared with the world. I do so love the new office scanner.)

As everybody knows, cats like to sleep.

Aw

Aww.

Awww.

And they like to lounge.





Often under the covers, clearly.

They also like to curl up in various containers



and have an affinity for sinks (which you would not expect, would you?)

before

after


They spend plenty of time laying in wait




And have an affinity for beer

Or perhaps it's an affinity for people who like beer

Yes, they look a bit like rats in this photo. These tiny kitties were found in a parking lot in San Francisco near our apartment, and had to be shaved after we took them in. Dratted ring worm. Remember how you would not touch or get near these kittens when you stayed with us, T? I so hated that!

Not sure how many beers were involved here, but the fact that T was posing with my cat all those years ago leads me to believe more than a few.
 
Many more than a few had been imbibed in this case. In fact, Billy boy is passed out, with stuffed animal in hand and kitty by his side, in my bed, as the party raged on. It was His birthday party. Lol. Remember that, J?
 Okay, that's it. You survived. And you all have to admit, even if you do not prefer cats to dogs, that some of these photos made you smile. If it was only seeing Jacquie's hubby cozied up with Otis...

10 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, I remember that. I think (hope) that we staged the cuddle with the inanimate object.

Nice titties, Beth! I also recall that your girl called the litter "glitter" so we had many conversations about the tittie glitter.

My favorite cat story happened when my boy was being tested for allergies as a wee tot, and when he was told that he is allergic to cats, he said: "You mean I can't eat cats?"

No, honey. You may not eat cats.

xoxo

Jacquie

Santa said...

so Beth...would you like a kittie or two for Christmas?
Santa

Pickles and Dimes said...

Aw, kitties! I love the photo of the cat waiting next to the birdcage: "I've got alllll the time in the world, pal."

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Why, yes, Santa, yes I would. But considering that my husband calls our current kitty "Lunch special," and "dinner" for short, I don't think it's a good idea.

Unfortunately he does not have Jacquie's boy's cat-eating allergy.

(Although I do think he likes titty glitter)

beth

Anonymous said...

B did you forget the best part of the ringworm story??? I think you might of...

Santa- No cat, what she really wants is a puppy.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

T, you're right.... Me and RJ both got the dratted ring worm. But it was nothing a quick trip to the Free Haight Clinic and a bottle of Lotrimin didn't fix right up.

And Santa knows that I've been way too good of a girl this year for him to leave a puppy in my stocking....

Santa said...

...then perhaps you would like some tittie glitter?
Santa

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, look at all the kitties, er, titties, er, kitties.

I have eyes only for you, though, Beth. I *love* that photo of you looking like such a tiny tot.

And I love the photo of my brother-in-law sleeping with his little tittie-friend too.

xxEllie

loves her kitty in PA said...

Awww..I'm a sucker for kitties/titties myself. And yet, I have to share my home with both kitties and a d.o.g.

Logical Libby said...

I love cats. I can't help myself. I haven't met a cat that wasn't at least kind of a jerk, yet I still keep bringing them into my home.