Thursday, April 28, 2011

People are weird

Our neighbors directly to the south are part-time residents. They have a home in North Carolina in addition to the home right next to ours here in San Diego, and they divide their time between the two locations.

They're took off this morning for North Carolina and plan to be gone a few months. Joe knocked on the door this morning at 7:15 prior to their departure to hand me a bag of food they won't be using.

Nice of them, right?

Thanks, Joe!
.
But in addition to this seemingly generous gift of everything dairy, there was this

(Yes, I know, I'm no Mistah when it comes to photos)
And this


And this

And let's not forgot about this

Perhaps this a better view?
When I opened the garlic to get a better photo for this here blog post, I literally gaged, and my children let out various yelps of disgust. It stunk of funk like you would not believe.

Closer inspection of the items in the first photo revealed two items to be past their expiration date and three more on the cusp.

Are they trying to kill us?

Hmm, the eggs don't have an expiration date...do you think we should try them?

4 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

HAHAHHAHA - Gross! Are you sure they're your friends? ;)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, this is excellent. Really. Can you imagine?? "Let's give all our moldy rotten stuff to the neighbors; they'll never notice."

I mean, really. If everything was fresh and new, where would the blog be?

Love it.
Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh. My. God. That is so weird and gross! What the hell? I sure hope they read the blog.

xoxox

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

They are definitely not our friends, just the annoying neighbors with multiple baying beagles and moldy food :)

What the hell is right, and before this morning, no, I could not have imagined.

It will be a while until I eat garlic again. Bastids.

Beth