Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloweenie

Oh, Dorothy came to visit . . .

. . . of course she did.

And so did Bush-Man. Sure, lots of peeps called him Sasquatch. But he told us he was a bush. And I can get behind that.

Captain America paid us a visit.

We miss you Captain America! Come back and visit us more.

But mostly, Halloween was about us so-called adults sitting around the fire . . .

. . .waiting for the tiny tots to come down the deadend street to see us . . .

. . . as the jack-o-lantern* got blurrier and blurrier.

Whoa. Steady now.
*Pretty great jack-o-lantern, you gotta admit. I take no credit.

I gave away as much candy to the moms and dads as I did to the kids. Why did I never think to do that before?

And lots of towns in Connecticut had to postpone trick-or-treating because of the crazy rogue snowstorm on Saturday.

But here in New London?

Storm? What storm?

6 comments:

Ellen said...

A girl who knows how to parteeee!!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Is that your jack-o-lantern? What the hell is that thing? I remember you telling my kids that you were only capable of one pumpkin expression, the same one that dad made for us every year.

I saw that bush costume at the halloween store, it was really expensive. Where were all of the korean princesses and army men? Wish we would see more homemade/creative costumes in general, they're way more fun. But your captain america was really cute :)

xoxox
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Yes, what the hell IS it? I can't tell, crisp or blurry.

So glad New London trick or treaters were not deterred by foul weather, and that you dead-end folks were brave (crazy?) enough to park it outdoors so as not to miss even one little bit of excitement.

xoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

It was actually a lovely night here -- it's the *rest* of CT that got slammed.

And I am on a mission to find out what that jack-o-lantern (our new neighbors') is. I *did* ask that night, natch, but I, um, forgot.

E.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Really not sure that any temp under 50 degrees qualifies as "lovely"...

b

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ha! But we were totally basking around the fire. Toasty warm. I *did* wear one glove, but that was only because wine-on-ice made my hand cold.

E