Friday, November 18, 2011

Venus and Moonie

Do you have a husband who, whenever the moon is full and the night is clear and Venus is in her full glory, spends all evening outside on the deck with a camera and tripod?

I do.

And I'm so very glad I do. And *not* because of the peace and quiet I get when he's outside -- no!

I'm so very glad because look at Moonie . . .

. . . and look at her little sidekick Venus.

I just think it's so cool they're up there, playfully chasing eachother around in their orbits*, and every once in a while we terrestrials train an eye up there and record it for prosperity posterity.

On this particular night, for our particular terrestrial, the clouds moved in, and things got really cool.

See Venus there, amid all that fluff?

Oooh, here they are in a different exposure.

Mistah was out there for hours . . .

. . . at least I think he was -- I was very busy in here. Busy reading and emailing and chopping garlic and drinking wine and staring at things right in front of my face . . .

. . . while Venus and Moonie were out there doing their delightful dance in the sky.

4 comments:

Dawnie said...

Lovely! Thanks, Ellie and Bill, for the delightful photos. I mean, being a cloud girlie, and all, I really dug them.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That man of yours has talent, Ellie!

That shot of all the fluff? SO dang cool. I really should train my eyes up there more often. Thanks for the reminder!

xoxoxo,
Beth

Mom C said...

I felt like I was taking an eye test looking for Venus, lol. Cool shots... mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

la bella luna

love!!

jacquie