Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The right way to BBQ

I am not a vegetarian, no, I'm not. I never have been, except for 6 weeks or so in the mid 1990s. But I'm also not a big meat eater. I prefer nuts and beans, and you, know, pizza. So for me, the below photos illustrate the correct and best way to utilize your BBQ.

First gather the necessary ingredients


Next, get some poor sap to roll out the fresh dough

Then, add plenty of tomato goodness.

Make sure to include all the other toppings before placing it ever so gingerly on the pizza stone that has been warming on your BBQ.

Cook until just the right combination of toasted crust and melty toppings...

and, viola! Meatless Monday night BBQ

4 comments:

Pat said...

yum!
maybe we can have that when I am there?

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I can vouch for this deliciousness. And now I'm starving. When are you coming, Pat? Maybe I'll happen to be loitering in the neighborhood just as the grill starts preheating....


xoxox
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh my *heavens*. Starved. For that exact pizza. Looks so incredibly awesome. And I'll meet you in the backyard, Jacquie....

Ellie

hungry in PA said...

Y.U.M.
all you need is the green egg and you'll have a built in stone on your grill.
must now get off the computer and make dinner...