Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cards

I'm on the record for liking Christmas cards. And I'm also on the record for being the family hoarder historian.

So the other week, when my sisters and I were talking about Christmas cards, and years therein, well, I was able to reply to Jane's questions "What about our 2005 card? And wait, what about 2006?" because they were all safely stapled into the Almighty Trip Book. So I sent the rest of the cards from those years to my sisters for good measure:

Mele Kalikimaka, baby.

They love me. I love them too.

Portugal. I know, right?

That's us. And, yes, Mistah really *did* get up out of the Westy and bike to the beach to take a sunrise photo.

Not so much a Christmas card as a representation of the lovelies from 2005.

Aw. See? They weren't always reprobates.

They're all gigantic children now; they were mere goobers then. 

Us again. Fort Davis. Moonrise during hike. Can you stand it?

Imagine all the cards I could come up with if I were home with that book?

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, what a fun flashback to those cute little boogerheads. The emails you sent in response to Jane's original request all bounced, so this is the first I've seen of the photos... I mean the photos of the photos. I've seen the photos. Nevermind.

xo
Jacquie

Beth said...

Love this!

I am on the record for liking Christmas cards too, Ellie. In fact I know what our 2013 famiy card is going to be already. Yep.

Love the juxtaposition(sp) of your cards with your sister's cards ;)

xoxo,
beth