Friday, January 4, 2013

Time flies

Happy New Year everyone. Ah, how I love New Year's day. The world is all shiny and new and full of hope and possibility. It's a giant blank canvas, just waiting for you to make your mark on. Plus, none of your resolutions have had time to fall by the wayside.

New Year's eve I'm not as fond of. It can be a blast, don't get me wrong. But so often it' underwhelming, and waking up hungover on the first day of the new year makes me feel as though I'm already behind. Plus, honestly, staying up until midnight is not all it's cracked up to be anymore.

That said, I did go out for a bit on New Year's eve. A friend was having people over east-coast style, you know, celebrating with the peeps in New York when the ball drops, at 9:00 pm, instead of at midnight proper. I was home by 9:30.

And not quite tired, so I decided to take a look see at the two boxes that I'd retrieved from Tommy's attic earlier in the day. I hadn't set out to collect my old crap, but while looking through bags of clothes for Capri, I saw them up there and decided, why not?

And, hell, why not take a look back in time on this last eve of 2012, the night before we move courageously forward into 2013.

Well, there was a lot of stuff in those boxes, old journals, and term papers, ancient love letters and diplomas and miscellaneous old photographs and old tax returns. Much of it was crap (did I mention the old tax returns?) but there were a couple of gems too.

Here are my two favorite. Oldies but goodies.

My old vinyl 45 of "Beth" by Kiss -- 1976


My kindergarten school photo -- 1973
40 flipping years ago.

How time flies.

Here's to making the most of every moment of 2013.

5 comments:

MB said...

Happy New Year, Beth! OMG, I see all 3 of your girls in your adorable picture! xo

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Happy New Year Beth! I definitely see Capri in you. :)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Look atchtyaself! Cute as a button, you. And you look lke your girls. No surprise, of course, but really. Uncanny. I love your outfit and you hair and your dimples.

And you.

HNY to you too, gfriend. I love New Year's Day, too. And had myself a great one.

Here's to a clean slate, and dimples.

xxxEllie

Unknown said...

OMG...that is exactly what Merrell looked like in K. Happy New Year to you, my friend. May 2013 brings us happiness, prosperity and stability!!!

KK

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I love that photo of you, what a stinkin cutie pie! Happy New Year, my friend.

xoxo

Jacquie