1. The backyardWe started the project in late July, and the first phase is done. We have successfully hardscaped! I have photos of the process up to this point, it was hard work and we all feel very accomplished and proud. The thing is, when I look at the photos all I see is dead beige. See for yourself
We've put some giant celery green pots over on this side and now it looks better, but I couldn't take the photos today because I didn't want to pick up the dog poop.
|I believe in full disclosure. Mostly.|
2. OnceMy girl and I had the most incredible experience at the theater recently. I was not allowed to take photos or this would probably qualify as worthy of an individual post. We went to see Once, have you seen it? Wait. I think this deserves it's own post. There's the ticket snafu, the rumors about what we could do before the show, the level of mistrust that my girl had for me, the seats, waiting to do the thing, doing the thing, and of course the show. Yes. Report back next week for full disclosure.
3. Del MarYou know how I love me mah ponies. I've only been to the races twice so far this year, I need to squeeze in one more visit. Who wants to come? I've got free tickets.
4. People are weird at the beachexhibit a:
|YES that is my shoulder and YES that is Beth's shoulder. NO that woman in black was not with us. Beth reached behind her and actually touched her foot! WHY ARE PEOPLE SO WEIRD AT THE BEACH??|
5. Ice Bucket ChallengeOf course you know about this, everyone knows about this. It's funny, it's for a good cause, it's working, haters be hating. Challenges have been circling around my extended family, who has been touched more than once by ALS and I knew it would get to me eventually. I did not expect the challenge to come from my own child, the fruit of my very loins. But it did. I spared Beth since she's going out of town tomorrow, but other co-bloggers who shall remain nameless were not so lucky.
That is all.