Wednesday, November 5, 2014

perfect words

Yesterday someone dear to me said: “You always pick the perfect words

It’s maybe the best compliment of my life. I try with my words, I really do. Words serve me well. Whenever I’m grappling with something powerful, I am drawn to write about it. Writing helps me sort through my emotions and organize my thoughts so that I can process things. I feel like finding the perfect words with a particular audience in mind allows me to express things that I’d be less eloquent about in person. 

The first few years of contributing to this blog were a therapeutic writing outlet. My stories were a perfect fit for the this platform. I feel like I’ve been phoning it in here on the blog for the last few months, though. I guess shit’s gotten a bit too real lately. I find myself stuck in this confusing place between wanting and needing to process, but knowing that this forum is too public to protect the privacy of the people I love. 

I’m not certain how to proceed. How can I possibly pick the perfect words?

3 comments:

Pat said...

When the time is right, the words will come.
Love, Pat

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I can totally relate, there have been oh so many times that I really wanted to write about something, that I needed to write a particular this or that, but knew that MY&E was not the right outlet. It's frustrating.

I guess, my dear, you need to start a new blog. :) Perhaps anonymously. (But don't forget to give me the link, cause it's true what they say, "you always pick the perfect words."

xoxoxoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Love you, g-friend. To the moon and back.

xoxoxox

Ellie