Friday, November 11, 2016

trumped.

Well, *I* certainly don't know what to say.

I had Beth's youngest in my car yesterday morning, and she asked me if I like Donald Trump. I said "ew, no!" because I am a role model. She said that he's going to be president and he's going to do bad things.

She succinctly summed up  the fear that's been gnawing in my belly since Tuesday. He's going to do bad things.

I said: "Well, we don't know what's going to happen but we do know who we are and that's not going to change. Our job is to remember who we are and to keep doing the right thing whenever we have a choice."

And then we sang along with the song on the radio in the voice of a clucking chicken.

That's all I got.


2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That is one whole hell of a lot more than I got.

Can you email me the clucking chicken song? That might help.

Love you. Love *both* you co-bloggers of mine.

xoxox
Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Omg, I love this. And I very much want to join the two of you singing like a clucking chicken the next time we are together and a song comes on the radio.

Xoxo
Beth

Ps thanks you for driving my kids about town :)