Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Hodgepodge: aka yet another lazy bullshit post


Proof that I have nothing particularly cohesive on my mind this morning:

Exhibit A: My New Boyfriend

I saw him from across the room, and our eyes locked. I walked toward him, mesmerized by those deep brown pools with their endless lashes. I spoke to him, and he approached me enthusiastically. As I talked, he seemed to dance to the rhythm of my voice. My girl was witness; and as I spoke, she said: “mommy, I think he’s a grown up. Why are you talking like that?” But he liked it. It was all he could do to stop himself from crashing through the barriers that separated us. He had such a strong, powerful face. I was smitten with his long, elegant nose and cavernous nostrils. Strangers commented on the connection between us, it was undeniably love at first site.


Allow me to introduce the love of my life, Dallas:





He lives in a hamlet, as any King should. His quest is to celebrate beer. I shall be his Queen.


Exhibit B: My Kids Are Dorks




When I grabbed the camera, she said: “blog?”





Remind you of anything?


Exhibit C: The Apples Don't Fall Far from the Tree




How else is one supposed to simulate the earth shaking?


Exhibit D: Laptop Lunchboxes

I loathe and abhor packing lunches. It is the bane of my very existence. My kids do not like to eat the same things, and neither is what one might describe as agreeable when it comes to eating things that they consider unacceptable. So it’s always been a big pain in my arse to put together two healthy lunches that will actually be eaten. But I have recently made an investment that has changed my life! Who could resist eating a lunch that is presented so nicely?







They come home empty. And we’re saving the earth to boot. You’re welcome, Al Gore.



Exhibit E: Spud McMod



That's a nice one.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

This is so funny and entertaining and enlightening, Jacquie. Your post was 5 parts; I feel I must comment in kind.

A. I love that your girl said "mommy, I think he’s a grown up." Not, "mommy, I think he's a horse."

B. Oh. My. God. I clicked on that link and yelped. I'm scared now.

C. You're the cutest earth-shaker I know.

D. My Word! You should open up your own lunchbox catering business. These are absolutely gorgeous! Lunch as Art.

E. That *is* a nice one. (Aside: when Mistah and I spend time in Asheville with Julie and her kids, we see lots of Westies, and comment on each one. Finally they called us on it: "You say 'That's a nice one' about every one you see!")

Great job, Jacquie.
Ellie

Anonymous said...

It IS a nice one! Love your 'in a hamlet' reference today... funny.. my post was a princes in a country manor... Are our pets now as refined as we are? lmao.... Have a great day!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Those lunches are art, Jacquie. I'm left feeling sorry for my poor kids.

And although your new grown-up boyfriend is a beauty, me and the girls are smitten with Dynamo, the Hamlet's resident donkey.

And finally, that is a nice one. A very nice one.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Beth, I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, but Dynamo has gone to live somewhere else! Maybe they'll get a new ass.

I had those lunchbox photos lined up into a 4x4 cube, but they published in a row with two of them sideways. Weirdos. Speaking of weirdos, how great is it that my boy is eating spinach salad every day?

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Yeah, Popeye's got nothing on him!

The ass is gone? Poor Dynamo, poor me, poor Merrell.

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the lunches. I want one now...but those plastic things are probably leeching biphynol A into your kids' food... but, hey.. as long as they're enjoying it, right? Where did you get them? I want some.

Kathi D said...

Dang, those are some fancy lunches! My darling Rick looks at me pityingly whenever the subject of my childhood lunches comes up (not often). I had the same thing every day for I don't know how many years. Bologna sandwich, just white bread and bologna, no mayo or lettuce or anything yucky; small bag of Fritos, and Twinkies.

Actually, I still enjoy eating like a child.

Unknown said...

I'll admit that McMod is pretty sharp.

You're hired for my lunch packing too.

KG said...

What cool lunch boxes - where did you find these? I opt for the re-used Target bag. *hangs head in shame*