Friday, November 21, 2008

Muy rica

I was at the Spa Tiki on Wednesday, as part of Jacquie’s 40th birthday celebration, chatting with the girls about various spa treatments. I mentioned that I’d had a certain type of spa service in Costa Rica, and the woman next to me said, as if it were just down the street, “Oh, at Tabacón?”

Why, yes, yes that is where I had that massage. But how did she know? Costa Rica is small in comparison to the United States, but it’s not as though the nation has only one spa.

I was amazed that she’d guessed this, and realized (duh) that she must have been there too. It wasn’t long before we were talking about what an incredible place Costa Rica, and specifically the Tabacón grand spa and thermal resort, is. About how exceptional the hot springs cascading down from the active Arenal Volcano are. About how the flora and fauna are so lush and verdant it looks like the whole scene has been airbrushed. Twice.

From the plant life

To the plant and animal life

To the hot springs and plant life



To the smoking volcano and plant life


It’s truly a lustrous, flourishing, unbelievable place.

8 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow! Great photos! I'm impressed -- have you been taking lessons from Mistah?

Hmmmmm. May have to add this to the list of possible-places for the Corey-family-vacation-Christmas-2009.....

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

HA, the whole time I was uploading the photos I was thinking to myself that these photos will probably feel like fingernails on a chalkboard to Mistah.

Just think what he could do with this raw beauty to work with.

Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

No way, man. They're awesome.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ohhhhhh my goozness.

Calgon?

Take me away.

J

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. It's crazy mad when you go to a place like this and see your house plant 10 feet tall out in the jungle isn't it?

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS. JEALOUS. DAMN JEALOUS. Why are you doing this to me?

KG said...

Hawt! I never harbored any desire to go to Latin America, but maybe I'll have to change my mind ...

Anonymous said...

Now where did I put those plane tickets?

Di