Monday, February 9, 2009

"Let's Go Bowling."

We went bowling on Friday night.

Our neighbors were going, and invited us.

The bowling alley looks like a dump from the outside, but the inside is rocking. It's got cool fluorescent lights, and retro carpeting . . .

. . . and shoelaces that glow in the dark.

Ron was in the lane next to us . . .

. . . Mistah set the camera so it looked like we were bowling in a fishbowl lit by a blacklight.

Vere was there . . .

. . . and so was Cara. I think she just had a good shot. Or threw a good ball. Or something.

I gave Frank a few bowling pointers.

Tracy's turn. Bowling makes for a lot of butt shots.

Mistah's a pretty good bowler.

I don't know, though. Something about his form doesn't seem quite right.

But he does seem to shoot, um, bowl a lot of strikes and spares.
.
Now we're talking. That is some fine bowling form.
.
I'm not necessarily accurate, but I am Ms. Velocity.

I get that ball down the alley in a hurry. Unfortunately, it doesn't always knock all the pins down. Mistah Schleckah, on the other hand, surprised us all. He seems to be some kind of Bowling Genius. A Ten-Pin Ringer.

The Dude Abides.

8 comments:

Kat said...

That looks like so much fun. We take the girls bowling over on the base about once a month. It is fun. We usually only do one game though because that is about all the girls can handle before they are completely spazzing.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Now that's a lot more bowling than I saw you do the day I was in a bowling alley with you! As I recall we just drank pitchers of microbrew and watched the 6-year-old set bowl.

Looks like a cool bowling alley you've got out there. The color scheme is similar to the roller skating rink in my hood. I'd take you there the next time you're in town, but they do not serve ANY adult beverages!

Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

How fun! Bowling is always more fun than you think it will be. We had the boy's birthday party at a thing called "cosmic bowling" one year, the kids can write on themselves with highlighters and get all glowy in the black light.

It was rainy yesterday, so I actually called the bowling alley but the wait time for lanes was 2 hours, so guess where we went instead? To the roller skating rink in Beth's neighborhood!

We had so much fun - I was cracking up about how all the moms my age are good skaters, because we all had those rockin sneaker skates back in the day! I have free passes for both Presidents' Days Beth, if you get the urge to roll.

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

I bowled on a league 15 years ago.... our bowling alley was nowhere near that rockin'. Very cool!!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Captain Dumbass said...

I hate bowling.

But I'm glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are kind of creepy 'cuz you all look like ghosts bowling. You're all see-through and spooky

Lola said...

How fun! Surprisingly, I'm pretty good at bowling. I haven't played very often, but I kick butt after a beer or two.

Now, roller skating, then I'm in my glory. No rinks around here anymore, though ;(

NucMEd is Hot said...

Cosmic bowling is the best. My girlfriends and I have done it for two bachelorette parties and it has alwyas beeen a great time!