Monday, February 2, 2009

Recap

This is the first post of February, as good a time as any to do a little recap of various past post tid-bits.

First off, I did end up watching the Superbowl, turns out I just couldn’t break with tradition. I was playing on the laptop for most of the game, but the second half of the 4th quarter was rather captivating, and I did enjoy watching Springstein belt out his iconoclastic songs during halftime. I did NOT, however, make Frito pie.

Next up, my brother’s baby finally did arrive, a week late and via Cesarean, but he’s gorgeous and healthy and, of course, the new light of my brother and his wife’s life. Congratulations you two!!
.
Awww.

And for more on the good news front, I am now working on a brand new Dell computer, and my old, piece-of-shit computer has been relegated to the back office with the other two dying machines.

Isn’t she delightful?

What else… Oh, the California state legislature has come to their senses and decided, as of January 1, 2009, that if they outlawed talking on mobile phones while driving (which I am not 100% in agreement with), they better make TEXTING while driving against the law as well. Ya think? And some people complain that government goes about things ass backwards!

Unfortunately, however, not everything is roses: my toilet is still as leaky as ever, so I’m still singing the Plumbing Blues Haiku, the speeding ticket I got on Halloween cost me $315 dollars, plus the cost and pain of the online driving school (although I am doing a pretty good job of driving more slowly), I still hate Mondays, and my beautiful tequila gun just sits alone, still full, still unopened, in my liquor cabinet, waiting for Mistah and Ellie to stop the new England winter madness, fire up the Westy, drive west, and open ‘er up!


Because as I'm sure you already know, Ellie, this very Monday morning Punxsutawney Phil proclaimed that there'll be six more weeks of winter...

Happy Ground Hog's day, everybody!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice collection of thoughts

Me, You, or Ellie said...

awwww is right, congrats to the new parents!

and you can point that tequila gun at me any old time, girlfriend!

j

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Don't I know it, Beth, don't I know it. I'm being brave, though, and we're having fun. Whaddya gonna do?

I love that little boy baby. Congrats to Happy and the Missus.

Ellie

Kathi D said...

Just be glad you can do online driving school! Our county still insists on doing it in person, ugh!

beth said...

Forgot about the groundhog. In Arizona, I guess that means we'll have 6 more weeks of 70 degree weather? Ouch. sorry.

Anonymous said...

Never met a Dell I liked....Your nephew is indeed da bomb though!...

Di