Monday, May 2, 2011

Hands Upon It

Most people cook in a logical, linear, straightforward way. They chop garlic, they mince onion, they boil water.

I do that most times, too.

But sometimes, sometimes, I use my super-powers and just lay my hands upon the food vapors, and create the whole holy shebang with just my awesome positive thinking.

It helps, naturally, to have a comfortable, efficient kitchen . . .

. . . and it also helps to have a Vulcan. Talk about Super Powers.

We do a lot of sautéing of broccoli and mushrooms and tofu and garlic around these parts . . .

. . . how we love broccoli and mushrooms and tofu and garlic around these parts . . . And kale! Oh how we love kale.

But the main thing about the cooking of kale and all her little friends, is the Hands Upon It system of preparation . . . .

Abracadabra . . .

. . . I hereby transform you, kale, into . . . dinner!

. . . oh, and wine! Yes, a pouring splash of wine will make this hocus-pocus magic moment even better.

Oh yeah, it's better.

The best part of the proceedings is when my hands start getting elongated . . .

. . . With my elongated hands I can do anything . . .

. . . Hands Upon It, baby . . .

. . . and . . . VoilĂ !

It's all in the hands.

4 comments:

UK said...

One of the most unique and impressive blogs I’ve seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change. You’ve got style, class, bravado. I mean it. Please keep it up because without the internet is definitely lacking in intelligence.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow, you've got a fan! please *do* stay classy.

Your post made me equal parts nauseous and hungry. I can't tell if I'm drunk or hung over. And it's 6:54 AM. It's going to be a long day.

love!

Jacquie

Logical Libby said...

Yeah, I start cooking like that and all I make is a mess. You must be magic.

Beth said...

Freaky!

xo,
Beth