Friday, August 8, 2008

Annie Ellie get your gun

I recently walked in to a local liquor store (shocking, I know) and was delighted and amazed to find a tequila bottle almost as cool as Ellie and Mistah Schleckah’s dildo bullet tequila bottle.

I don’t know if you remember this particular tequila bottle. It’s “a bullet-shaped bottle of tequila (in “tribute” to the Narcotraficantes who rule Mexico’s Sierra Madre),” that was purchased in Nogales, Mexico back in April, along with, “a metal alacrán (scorpion) sculpture, and a talavera ceramic bowl.”


This particular tequila bottle next appears in Ellie and Mistah’s very cool, very well lit bar, located in the coolest room in their house, the sun porch.


See it up there? On the upper left op shelf? (It’s not easy to miss.)

And is then featured as the addendum bullet (very clever) in Ellie’s very informative 3 Bullets post.

It’s a memorable tequila bottle, right? A one-of-a-kind type deal. Well, I’ve found a companion bottle. A tequila bottle (a tequila set, actually) that’s in the same family, so to speak. It completes the set Ellie and Mistah most likely didn’t know existed.

There's the tequila bottle itself

This baby is "loaded," and ready to be drunk.

And two accompanying "shot" glasses.


It even comes with a (very flimsy) stand, so that you can display it properly.



In addition, this Hijos de Villa bottle is hand numbered. It’s bottle number 44725. (You can see it there in the black ink, just to the left of the trigger.)

The more I think about this bottle of tequila, the more I love it, and the more I realize it may not have anything left in it by the time Ellie and Mistah make it back out here, to the west coast. I’m tempted to break it out now, in fact. To fire off a "shot" from the bad boy and gulp it down. Alas, it’s only 8:14 AM and I’m at work, plus I’ve got no salt or lime; so, for now, the bottle simply remains cocked and ready….

16 comments:

NucMEd is Hot said...

That is great! I have never seen a bullet bottle of tequila before, but I have to be honest, I really want the gun.

Very nice play on words with fire off a shot!

Miss to Mrs said...

I think I have tequila bottle envy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that you bought it! Let's have a duel! If only we had a cardboard cutout of Ellie....

Anonymous said...

Well, actually, T bought it, per my request, but posession is 9/10ths of the law, so I doubt he'll be getting it back. I will, however, share with him, and with you too.

We really could use a cardboard cutout of Ellie.

Anonymous said...

Well, who couldn't use a cardboard cutout of Ellie, really?

And actually, Beth, we saw that very bottle of 'gun tequila' where we bought the bottle of 'bullet tequila' in Nogales. But I'm against guns, so I did not buy it.

Cleary, however, I am for bullets.

Anonymous said...

And for tequila too.

And, it's okay, Ellie, that you just took all the wind out of my sail. I'll recover (someday).

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, wait. No I didn't! I just came back on, actually, to tell you that I love your post, because I realize I'd forgotten to in my earlier comment. And not just because *I* make a celebrity appearance -- cardboard cutout or not. I love your tequila, and I love your gun, honey. Guns Rule!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, tequila guns rule.

Anonymous said...

True dat, my friend. True dat. Especially yours.

Anonymous said...

I know! We'll use a cardboard cutout of Ellie for target practice!

Alice said...

I could NOT stop thinking it was a vibrator through this whole post.

Leslie said...

That is the coolest bottle of liquor I've ever seen and I used to work in a liquor store. Nice find.

Anonymous said...

Beth,
We saw the gun and didn't buy it. "Ellie," I pleaded. "Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people!" She'd have none of it, so she bought the bullet. You've got the gun, we've got the ammo. We need to get together.

Weith Kick said...

Those are some bithcin' tequila bottles. Who still says "bitchin?" But it's true, those tequila bottles are bitchin!

JS said...

I'm watching, silently, wondering how I'm going to get my hands on both bottles...

Anonymous said...

Well, AKA, it'll have to be when me and Mistah Schleckah get together.