Monday, July 5, 2010

International T-Shirt Appreciation Month

July, as you probably know, is International T-Shirt Appreciation Month. I-TAM for short.

July 1: July 1.

Mistah invented the holiday -- the monthlong spectacle -- as a chance for everyone to showcase their favorite T-shirts.

Day 2: July 2. Front...

(Sharing some T-shirt love with Rich ...)

... and back

We had a chance to sit down with Mistah the other day to hear his thoughts about I-TAM, T-shirts, and life in general.

Day 3: July 3

“Everybody throughout the world is encouraged to wear their favorite T-shirt every day through the month. And to show them off to friends, loved ones and other T-shirt enthusiasts.

“It's not an elitist holiday; you don't have to have 31 T-shirts. You can wear one T-shirt all month, the whole month, as long as it's a good one.”

I-TAM started with a bang -- it was a hugely successfully kick-off weekend thanks mostly to the We Rock Festival in New London, and the T-shirt wearing music lovers who attended. Like Tommy here . . .

. . . and Nicole . . .

. . . and another Tommy.

Bobby . . .

. . . and Marco
(this T-shirts wins the Ellie Appreciation Prize; I love Mr. T.)

Hump . . .

. . . and the back of somebody.

Paul . . .

. . . the back of Bruce . . .

. . . and the world-famous World Cup Blogger himself, Stephen.

But the fun didn't stop there. Because the next day was the Fourth of July and you know what that means. That's right: Day 4. Ronnie was apparently the Grand Poombah or the Grand Marshall or the Grand Something at the Groton Independence Day Parade, and we would not let him trade in his fancy sash for a T-shirt, as awesome as it might have been. He's got a sash!

Day 4: July 4

Mistah pulled out the ol' Marfa (Texas) Short Horns T-shirt (not to be confused with the Long Horns) to celebrate Day 4, the Fourth of July, and a fabulous and festive start to the phenomenon sweeping the nation. Nay, the globe.

July has always been the best month -- right up there with August. But now? Now that we have International T-Shirt Appreciation Month to look forward to every day? Every day? Well, July just got even better.

Now get out there and sport those T-shirts.

5 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love that the Cotixan tshirt made an appearance in the first few days of this auspicious month, and that we got front AND back shots!

I'll try to represent, but I don't really have traditional t-shirts in my repertoire anymore, except for a few that are jammies. It's more of a boy thing, yea?

great photos!

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh how Iove this! Had I known, I would have brought some T shirts with me on vacation. Maybe I'll have to buy one....

The girls were all sporting their Mr. Frostie T shirts today, so the family as a whole was representing.

Honestly, I very rarely sport a T shirt, but I do keep a few gems hidden away. I'm now inspired to break them out. I TAM all the way!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh how Iove this! Had I known, I would have brought some T shirts with me on vacation. Maybe I'll have to buy one....

The girls were all sporting their Mr. Frostie T shirts today, so the family as a whole was representing.

Honestly, I very rarely sport a T shirt, but I do keep a few gems hidden away. I'm now inspired to break them out. I TAM all the way!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Does Nicole's tank top count as a t-shirt? I just want to be clear on the rules here. Because if we're including tank tops are we also including soccer jerseys, long sleeved shirts, naked torsos with stuff painted on them???

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I don't have any T-shirts either, except for the annual Guinness one I get from the beer distributor guys on St. Patrick's Day. Which is why Mistah invented I-TAM, not me. I am, however, an enthusiastic observer. If not a T-shirt enthusiast.

XUP, tank tops are okay only if they have something cool on them, and are worn by cool kids like Nicole. Soccer jerseys, long sleeved shirts, naked torsos with stuff painted on them??? No, no and no. As if.

Ellie