Wednesday, July 7, 2010

it's all fun and games til the paranha comes along

We had houseguests over the weekend! We love when the peeps come, despite the fact that we in no way appear prepared or arranged for visitors. With the Sanford & Sons inspired landscaping, the tiny uncomfortable futon, and the 97 pound gorilla who tries to eat the faces off of those who sleep, why would they come? Yet come, they do! At least once.

We had the pleasure of a quick, surprise visit by the lovely Meg, daughter of Bill's sister, and her boyfriend, who were passing through San Diego en route from Seattle to Phoenix. How's 115 degrees treating you, Meg?

So how lucky are we, to have TWO cousin visits in the last two weeks? Very. My kids have a grand total of 14 first cousins. That is a paltry number of cousins, puh-leeze. Have I ever mentioned that I have 65 first cousins on my mom's side? Something tells me you'll be hearing more about those clowns in the next month or so. But I digress. Cousin Meg came for a tiny little visit, and we made the most of the moments we had together.

When the occasion calls for a multigenerational activity that sparks both creativity and conversation, where else must one turn than toward sidewalk chalk?

It started simply enough, with chatting and the usual lollipops and squiggly lines and flowers and odes to pie.


Meg did a rough (rough!) sketch of the roadtrip that she and Sanjay were wrapping up.

While Sanjay did something clever

and naturally, everyone jumped on board

That Meg is quite an artist. Nice egg!

Meg was also instrumental in the conceptualization of Clara's air

The Gym-E was all his doing

It was a lovely, lazy morning.

But just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.......

5 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

So cute! I love the Gym E one the best!

Please tell me all that pink chalk in the piranha drawing is not blood... :)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh dear, I fear that pink chalk is blood.... Pink blood is so much nicer than red blood, though....

I love Meg's beautiful rendering of Washington, Oregon, California (she nailed the Bay Area) and Arizona.

But what I love most? Is that your boy's graffiti tag is Pie! Pie! Perfect.

xxEllie

The Lady's Lounge said...

The heat is getting to me, I spent forever and a half trying to figure out how to make the name Jackie out of piranha.
Also I'm melting...

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I have been racking my brain all day to try to come up with a pictogram of 'beth.' I'll admit to drinking mojitos tonight, but still , I've got nothing.....the ideas are all lame... A bumble bee + eth? Lame. A picture if a face in profile with air (Aka, breath) minus the "r" oh and the "a" too? Lamer still.

You guys are much more clever than me.

Glad you're visit with meg & co was good!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Sorry, it's the beth I could do.

Beth