Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sailfest XXXIII

Once again, the glorious city of New London celebrated another glorious Sailfest this past weekend.

And oh, what a time we had.

There was music.

There was dancing.

There were friends.

There were boats.

There was more music.

There was, really, quite a bit of drinking.

There were T-shirts.

Oh, the music never stopped.

There were shuckers.

There was a raw bar.

Clams and oysters, baby.

There were late nights . . .

. . . and old high school friends . . .

. . . and the Hygienic Art Park.

There were bike rides and beach outings and a birthday brunch and a World Cup final, but mainly, because Saturday was an utterly spectacular night, and it Sailfest . . .

. . . There were fireworks.

Sailfest, baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your life really a non-stop round of fun, frivolity and drinking or do you just make it look like that? Because from this blog it looks like you're pretty much the happiest person on earth.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I can almost hear those fireworks!

And the oysters and clams, baby? That close up photo made me drool. Seriously. (I'm starving. Where is sailfest when you need it?

Looks like a great time, as per.

Sadly I was not even able to celelbrate Sailfest West in Ocean Beach, CA this year, but I did look into buying Jacquie a pony instead.

xo,
beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Hooray for typos!

b

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Boom booms! Up in the sky! Unlike the pair of You, that plate of phlegmy mollusks makes me gag. But the music? The dancing? The friends? New London?Now you're talking.

PS.I can't WAIT to meet my pony!

Jacquie

Captain Dumbass said...

Ya, what XUP said.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Well yes. Yes! Of course my life is a non-stop round of fun, frivolity and drinking. This town has a lot of bars and a lot of festivals and I make it my business to attend them. The music and the people, people.

I also read an awful lot. But I have a feeling blogging about reading on the couch would *not* have the same impact.....

Ellie