Thursday, April 26, 2012

Asheville Love Fest

To attend Thirsty Thursday in Asheville, you first have to get there. As discussed.

Mistah and I like to drive south on I-81* into Tennessee . . .

[*Thank you, Lisa.]

. . . and then drop down into Western North Carolina.

Actually, I say "drop down" because we're heading south . . .

. . . and it feels like we're going forever downhill . . .

. . . but Mistah pointed out Johnson City TN's elevation is 1635 feet and Asheville NC's elevation is 2134 feet.

The bastid is right again.

But nevermind that. Have I ever told you how much I love Runaway Truck Ramps?

I love Runaway Truck Ramps.

And I'm getting pretty good at the ol' taking-photos-while-in-the-passenger-seat photography.

Ah Asheville. Just when you think you've seen all its beauty in its mountains . . .

. . . you start to see its people.

And, man, does Asheville have some good-looking people.

And I'm happy to report I know a lot of them.

I'm related to a lot of them.

The world's cutest goddaughter. And she's all ours.

What did we do in Asheville, you ask?

Well, besides visiting with the world's most beautiful peeps . . .

Seriously.

I'm changing her name to Goddessdaughter.

. . . we ate a lot.

Yum, Salsa's.

And one afternoon I found a sunny spot to do the puzzle whilst Mistah book-shopped.

We kept looking around Asheville and saying, "Why can't New London be like this?"

Oh, and we also drank a lot.

Everywhere you turn in that town there's a pub that brews delicious beer.

Jack of the Wood is one of our favorites.

Yum. Beer.

Mistah finessed a new way to photograph beer.

Pretty cool, huh?

And everywhere you look, those mountains . . .

. . . and look! My beautiful sister!

Our last night we went to a taco place down by the river . . .

Yum. Tacos.

Fill in your own captions for our facial expressions here.

Asheville was always a great city, but now they've embraced their river and railroad track spots, and it's better than ever.

It's a fabulous place on the Earth . . .

. . . especially if you're Thirsty.

Oh, Asheville, what a town you are. How hard it is to leave you. But you know what makes it a whole lot easier?

 We're Chapel Hill bound, baby.

6 comments:

julie said...

love :)
we miss you!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I too love!

What a great place full of beautiful peeps! Love the post, but the best part? The best part is your new moniker(sp?) -- goddessdaighter? Perfect!

Xoxo, beth

mom c said...

You should be working for the Asheville Chamber of Commerce! I spent Easter week-end with these beautiful people (as you know) - I love Asheville too. mom

MB said...

I can't believe how inexpensive the tacos and beers are! Great pix of my gorgeous fam. xo

Lisa S said...

Asheville (and your family) is so beautiful, as was your drive. But I sure hope you meant you took I-81, and not I-80, else you've got some explaining to do!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Love those gorgeous mountain driving shots, truly beautiful! Not as beautiful as my peeps, though, and the caption under your expressive faces must be "however might we manage to see more of Jacquie, who is clearly the superior Corey sister?"

You're welcome.

Jacquie (the great)