Thursday, April 5, 2012

Opening Day

What's that you say? How'd the roof job finish up?

Well, I'm so glad you asked. I am here for you, people.

Day 6, shining bright.

The front side was essentially done . . .

. . . and our two lone boys got right there on the back side, and did what it is that they do do.

I was around most of the day, doing a little sanding project of my own, secretly* spying on them.

*(It probably wasn't that big a secret. They could *see* me sanding, afterall. And taking photos.)

But I wasn't spying; I just really really loved watching them up there, doing what they do, fearlessly. Actually, that's not even accurate. "Fearlessly" denotes there's something to fear. These guys are so cat-like, and so comfortable, and so in their element up there, it seemed odd to see them down on the ground at the end of the day.

TJ took care of cleaning the gutter . . .

. . . then he and Eric started cleaning up the gear.

But wait! The ugly vent pipe! They were supposed to paint that ugly vent pipe!

The guys had been almost loading the ladder on the truck when I reminded them of the painting of the ugly vent pipe. Inches from a clean getaway.

And this is when I couldn't look anymore and went inside.

And then? Well, then it was done.

The Back Side? Done.

The Front Side? Ditto.

It's pure, awesome magic. But I feel vaguely empty and vacant without the boys around. Because although I always assumed one of them would fall on his head and meet his early demise, and although the banging was, well, loud, I liked having them around. I liked the productivity and busyness and beehive of activity around here.

But thankfully, today we can fill that empty void with one of the most promising, inspiring and exciting Spring events.

It's Opening Day!

Play Ball!

5 comments:

MB said...

Your roof looks beautiful, El. Can't wait to check it out. Let's Go, Mets!

Mom C said...

I agree it looks great. Let's go Mets. Let's go Tiger.... love, mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Lovely indeed! Your house looks so massive in some of your shots. Can't believe anyone is comfortable cruising around up there!

Congrats on your quite done-ness, and good show not letting them get away without painting that pipe:)

Oh, and good luck to your team :)

Pat said...

Tomorrow is opening day...I will be there, my 35th annual!
The hated Yankees are in town to play the Rays.
Love, Pat

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That is one handsome rooftop, woman. Well done! And go padres!!!

Xoxoxoxo

Jacquie