Monday, May 14, 2012

The Ladies of the Stair

Every once in a while -- and believe you me, it doesn't happen nearly often enough -- I amass an impressive collection of lovely Ladies on my Stairs.

I call them -- as one would -- the Ladies of the Stair.

Don't forget I'm immersed in the world of Home Improvement projects, and I'm mid-project -- Project #5 -- with those stairs. They would be done -- done, I tell you -- except for all this blasted rain the last two weeks.

It is really hard to scrape and sand and prime and paint in the rain.

But, naturally, the Ladies chose the Stairs as their Home Base.

Of course they did. Why wouldn't they? They don't call them the Ladies of the Stair for nuthin'.

But I don't mind, really, because even though the stairs are so completely and horribly unfinished, they're at least obviously a work-in-progress, which makes them embarrassing in an ugly, as opposed to lazy, way.

But who cares about the state of the stairs, really? This isn't about the stairs . . .

. . . no, this is about the Ladies. My Ladies.

My Ladies of the Stair.

6 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

It would have been very poetic if all the menfolk had gathered on the other stair (why no plural?)

Looks like a lovely gathering, I miss you.

xoxoxoxo

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I thought Ladies of the Stair sounded more formal, more intellectual, more elegant.

You know, like me.

E.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

The conversation must have been riviting! Hardly any of those lovely ladies of the stiar in any of those shots gave Mistah the time of day.

You all look marvelous!

xoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

yes, when I think of you, I think *formal* Ellie! HA!

b

Me, You, or Ellie said...

True, and the ladies of the stairs sounds like a horror flick. I thought Beth's typo said "Ladies of the Sitar", which would have been awesome.

J

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, man. I wish we had a sitar. That would have really jazzed things up.

E.