Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stairway to heaven

Ellie's post yesterday made me feel like a bit of a slug. I mean where does she get the energy? It's impressive and admirable, that's for sure.

And I'm quite sure Ellie gets a great deal of satisfaction from her finished projects. How could you not revel in your favorite peeps sitting in your Only Perfect-ly painted porch rockers?

And well, it's in her genes.

But still. I feel the need to raise my game. Quite a bit. Although there have been some interesting changes around here.

Before I left for New Orleans I had mentioned that it was probably time to get my youngest out of her crib and into a real bed, and that we should move forward after my return. My husband suggested that we move her in with her next-oldest sister, now 7, and give her room to the oldest, now 10.

Good plan, right?

So the very day I was home, my husband dug the trundle bed out of storage and put it together. The crib was in the hallway by the time I got home from work, and well, the change was on.

Everyone joined Tommy in the action. Closet contents were switched. Pillows, stuffed animals and mementos moved. Drawers gone through to weed out the excess. It was a bit of a process, a messy process.

But it's done. Or almost so. My oldest has her new tween bed set, dresser, rug and mirror. A refurbished bookcase, her trophy and medals displayed.

Little miss C is all set up on the bottom bunk under her sister, her collection of Sesame Street stuffed animals lined up at the end of the bed. Her bowl of ami's (pacifiers) at the ready on her dresser.

My middle seems fine with the change, and it is oh-so-nice to be able to more easily separate the older two. "Go to your rooms!" now makes sense.

Bliss, right?

Well, almost. Little miss C has been a bit of a challenge. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. I mean, when you see freedom for the first time you're going to take it, right? She's been up quite a bit in the night. I'm tired.

But that's not the real challenge the real challenge is this:





4 comments:

Pat said...

Good luck, Beth!
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Bunk beds are from hell. Who ever convinced us that changing sheets on the top bed would be easy?

Congrats to everyone for movin' on up!

Sushi soon to celebrate?

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Keep her away from that! Tell Little Ms. M. to keep Ms. C. *DOWN* there!

Oh dear, how I worry.

So adorable, though. And top bunk beds are like a little taste of Heaven on Earth.

*IF* you don't have to make that bed......

Love!

xxEllie

top bunker in Central PA said...

by 4 I was sleeping on the top bunk with NO RAILS because my older sister was afraid of the top bunk.
Have no fear...you have railings and a persistent child, so the sooner you act like it's no big deal, the sooner the novelty might wear off.
At first I thought the picture showed how impossible it is to get in her bed with the portable side rail and ladder combination :)