Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pearly whites

As I was brushing my teeth in the girls' bathroom last night, so as not to disturb my husband who went to bed surprisingly early, I gave pause to the toothpaste's band name -- Rembrandt.

Hmm, really? Their marketing ploy is to raise the act of brushing your teeth to fine art. Bravo, I say.

It left me thinking about other common toothpaste brand names. Here are a list of some common ones:

Colgate -- for collegiate tooth brushers
Crest -- for brushers who aim high
Whereas Aim is actually the tooth paste of drunks, those happy just to make contact between tooth and brush
Arm & Hammer -- for very vigorous brushers
Close up -- for brushers with one thing in mind
Gleem -- the official toothpaste of all glee teams
Pepsodent -- their second choice
Mentodent -- for crazy, loco brushers
Sensodyne -- for those who know brushing after eating is sensible
Ultra bright -- for overachievers

I myself use Tom's (of Maine), not sure what that means.... take a stab if you like.

To end off, I'd like to leave you with some toothpaste/toothbrush humor:
Yes, this is frightening, and should have been included in last weekend's Oh So Scary 3-way photo project.

Happy brushing y'all.

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

My favorite is Mentodent, for crazy loco brushers.

It's too easy, Beth, you using Tom's, what with your early-to-bed husband's name and all......

xxEllie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

But then it would be Tom's (of New Jersey)....

b

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ha!

E.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

My boy got a tube of Pepsodent for his birthday, he fell in love with it while sleeping over at Aunt Mary Beth's in NYC! I'm on team sensible :)

xoxox

Jacquie