Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pearly whites

As I was brushing my teeth in the girls' bathroom last night, so as not to disturb my husband who went to bed surprisingly early, I gave pause to the toothpaste's band name -- Rembrandt.

Hmm, really? Their marketing ploy is to raise the act of brushing your teeth to fine art. Bravo, I say.

It left me thinking about other common toothpaste brand names. Here are a list of some common ones:

Colgate -- for collegiate tooth brushers
Crest -- for brushers who aim high
Whereas Aim is actually the tooth paste of drunks, those happy just to make contact between tooth and brush
Arm & Hammer -- for very vigorous brushers
Close up -- for brushers with one thing in mind
Gleem -- the official toothpaste of all glee teams
Pepsodent -- their second choice
Mentodent -- for crazy, loco brushers
Sensodyne -- for those who know brushing after eating is sensible
Ultra bright -- for overachievers

I myself use Tom's (of Maine), not sure what that means.... take a stab if you like.

To end off, I'd like to leave you with some toothpaste/toothbrush humor:
Yes, this is frightening, and should have been included in last weekend's Oh So Scary 3-way photo project.

Happy brushing y'all.


Me, You, or Ellie said...

My favorite is Mentodent, for crazy loco brushers.

It's too easy, Beth, you using Tom's, what with your early-to-bed husband's name and all......


Me, You, or Ellie said...

But then it would be Tom's (of New Jersey)....


Me, You, or Ellie said...



Me, You, or Ellie said...

My boy got a tube of Pepsodent for his birthday, he fell in love with it while sleeping over at Aunt Mary Beth's in NYC! I'm on team sensible :)