Wednesday, May 9, 2012

See This Bench?

See this bench? This bench exemplifies my spring project: to make our house look as awesome as our new roof.

Here's how it all goes down:

Take an ugly bench Mistah found on the side
of the road last summer . . .

. . . sand it . . .

. . . sand it some more . . .

. . . turn it upside down like a beached turtle . . .

. . . and prime it.

See that? Awesome

I know, I know. Not really. Mistah hated it, Bastid red-hater that he is. But wait! I'm nothing if not about repainting pieces of free wooden furniture. Let's try this again . . . 

Now we're talking. Only Perfect.

Project #2: The Deck:

Before . . . 

. . . and After, yo.


Sigh. We've got our deck back.

Project #3: The Green Gunk:

The gross disgusting nasty mildew that was growing on the East and North sides of our house I really don't want to talk about . . .

. . . except to say . . .

. . . that nasty grossness?

That grotesqosity? That's gone, baby. . .

. . . gone.

Oh, wait. You're probably thinking I should clean and sand and prime and paint that back shedhouse door.

Project #4: The Back Shedhouse Door:

Done.

Oh, this house.

Oh, our house.

I have lots more projects I'm working on -- oh, the progress you'll see.

But in the meantime, let me leave you with our newly mulched iris beds . . .

. . . love . . . 

. . . love . . . 

. . . swooning love.

6 comments:

julie said...

you are daddy incarnate.

impressive stuff, sistah!

Lisa S said...

Damn girl. Does that motivation come in bottles?

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Looks great, sister! Is that my sander?

xoxoxoxxo

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I need a "like" button for Lisa's comment. I need some of that motivation for sure!

I am beyond impressed. Wow. Altough I must say that at first I thought you're spiffy newly painted green chairs were now red, without you even letting us know! But, shoof, they are not. They still remain green and on the front porch. You simply have other pretty red(ish) chairs on the deck proper ;-)

Can't wait to see your other projects.

xoxo,
Beth

mom c said...

Awesome Ellie, such energy and so neat and orderly - you are your father's daughter. Love, mom

Noelle said...

Impressive! Would love some coaching sometime....only thing I have done is the "gross" mold removal....but would love to try sanding/priming and painting! Your dad is smiling Ellie!