Tuesday, June 19, 2012

do you know what this means?

You know what this means, don't you?


Wait... do you?

It's a pile of grape leaves, that much is clear. It's a pile of freshly washed grape leaves drying on my ping pong table.

It's not a very pretty photo, though. Nor does it necessarily tell the right story.

You know what this means, don't you?
 

If you've been playing along, you might think this means that I'll soon be heading back to the ol' C.T. for a lesbian lebanese feast.

That is true, it is valid and certain and inevitable.

But in a dizzying cosmic tweak of reality, it seems that I have yet to actually purchase actual airline tickets. Who am I?

I don't know. I don't know what's going on. All I know is that I keep eyeballing those gorgeous, bodacious green leaves on the grape house at work, and I've had wada on my brain, yo.

I incited an awesome flurry of emails among my family last week about recipes and mystifying measurements and grades of meat, and in the midst of that flurr I began to get excited about stepping up and taking on the rolling of the grape leaves.

It's on. Like donkey kong.

I just have to host a birthday slumber party and go to portland and close the fiscal year and buy some freaking plane tickets.

Then it's on.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, it's on allright. And we're so excited! And *not* just about those gorgeous grape leaves. We're also excited about seeing you and yours, but we won't be able to do that if you do not buy tickets, my darlin' girl.

Wait, tomorrow's Wednesday. Aren't you supposed to buy tickets on Wednesday? Okay then. Tomorrow it is.

Love you!
So excited!
Ellie

MB said...

Nice grape leaves! Can't wait to share some with you and yours in CT!! xo

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Them is some nice lookin' grape leaves, lady. It sounds like you better put them on ice until after your party, portland, purchasing tasks are over though.

I truly hope I'll get to see the finished results. In person.

xoxoxoxo,
Beth