Friday, June 15, 2012

Steve

New London lost a good one this week.

We've talked about the Reducers here before. Many times.

We lost Steve Kaika, talented bass player, talented contractor, beloved all-around great guy this week, and nothing will ever be the same.

The Reducers are an institution in New London, and nothing was more institutional than their annual Labor Day Show at Ocean Beach.

OB!

Mistah took all these groovy, fog-filled photos at the 2008 show.

Our boys were having fun that night . . .

In the meantime, back here in 2012, this town is reeling.

And this town is showing its love.

It's been a continual Parade of Love for our ol' friend Steve since he died Tuesday morning.

We'll miss him . . .

. . . and we thank him . . .

. . . and we love him.

6 comments:

Dawnie said...

Oh, thank you, Ellie and Mistah. I had such dread that this day would be more difficult than I could bear, and there are no signs yet that that will change. We'll be propping each other up if necessary. Because in New London, that's how we roll.

Love, love, love,
Dawnie

MB said...

Great tribute, El, and great photos, Bill. Rave on! xo

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I know you're all feeling this loss so deeply, and I am sorry. It sounds cliche, but I hope that the end of Steve's pain and suffering brings peace to everyone who loves him. He's done with his struggle, now comes the hard part for everyone left behind.

I love you, my heart is in New London today.

xoxox

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, El, I'm sorry. You and so many others have lost so much.

Stupid cancer.

xoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, El, I'm sorry. You and so many others have lost so much.

Stupid cancer.

xoxo,
Beth

Lisa S said...

"Nothing will ever be the same." No, it won't. Thank you for this beautiful post, Ellie. Trust you all celebrated Steve's life in high style last night. I'm thinking of Steve, Peter, Tom, Hugh and all my favorite Reducers fans, with love, gratitude, and condolences...