Wednesday, October 30, 2013

You get what you need

So last week I was waxing poetic about how great it would be to have a son. And I'm sure it would be. I meant every word I wrote. And I am sticking to them.

But, the impetus for the post were the lovely, lovey, gushy words of affection that my friends' boys were bestowing upon them. I mean, really, really good stuff.

But low and behold, look what my oldest, yes, the pre-teen (with sub-par English skills) handed to me this very weekend. (Thank you cosmic waitress, I didn't even ask for it directly and you still delivered!)

 
 
It just may be the nicest note someone has ever written me, with the exception of perhaps, Sebastian.
 
And the mixing up of the homophone makes it all that much more endearing. (And also makes me wonder whether I should consult my feet or my collar bones for questions that keep me up at night.)
 
But seriously, an intelligetnt sole soul? It doesn't get much better than that.
 
Just one (more) example that we all get what we need ;)

5 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You *do* have an inteligent sole, and *I* most certainly aprisate you too.

Nicely done, prettyness.

xoxoEllie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, how I love that girl. How awesome that she delivered on what you needed, I really aprisate the symmetry.

xoxox
Jacquie

Pat said...

How great...you deserve it!
Love, Mom

P.S. I am reminded when I was a single mom struggling with job and two teen agers--you sent me a Card that said:" few people send Father's Day cards to their month ears but then few people are lucky enough to have a mother like you"

It made my year.

Pat said...

That should be "mothers" not month ears!

Beth said...

Oh good, because I would not have had the excuse of being behind because of my bilingual education, and it was high school! ;)

beth