Wednesday, June 16, 2010

onetwothree

As Aunt Ellie mentioned a couple of weekends back, she has this thing with my kids when they enter a pool together. In her words:

"I got in the pool with the kids, and flipped them up into the air. Actually, I flipped the boy up into the air. He and I had a great routine, where he'd stand on my shoulders, I'd grab his feet, I'd sink underwater, I'd tap his feet three times: "One, two, three . . . " and I'd push against the bottom and burst up into the air and throw him up and he'd do a giant flip or at least a jumping twirlsey, from my shoulders, into the air. All the while the girl was hanging onto my neck, strangling me, screeching into my ear like a screech owl."



This last weekend, we were at a pool.

Sadly, we were without our beloved Aunt Ellie.

But we had Daddy in the hizzy (pizzy?)



So okay, the moves here were not quite as polished as Aunt Ellie's routine had been, but who doesn't love being tossed about in a vat of chlorine drenched water by the seaside? Who?

After Daddy retired to the jacuzzi, the kids took it upon themselves to work out the whole underwater launch/thrust/twirlsey/screech owl routine.

Careful planning and preparation were required

One... Two...


Three!


Oops. Little to the right that time


whoopsie, on the left


backwards


sometimes he wobbles wobbled


time for a pep talk


now let's get serious


One....

Two...


Three!

6 comments:

Mom C said...

I love this Jacquie, and a great upper body work-out for the former wobble boy!! love mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Love it! Who needs aunt Ellie or dad?? Not your girl when she's got her mighty brother in the pizzy.

Now, where were you??? It's driving me nuts!

xo,
beth

unmitigated me said...

Maybe wobble-dude should take a water aerobics class, or swim-exercise, to keep his muscles strong while he's wobbly.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw. That warms the tiny cockles of my heart. I simply cannot wait to get into a pool with your children next month, to show them what's what.

And the "d" at the end of "wobble" warms the tiny cockles of my heart, too, Jacquie.

xxEllie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Humphrey's? Bay Club? Island Palms?

beth

Jacquie said...

Bay Club =)

Jacquie