Friday, June 25, 2010

Hobnobbing

Mistah and I spend a lot of time at the beach and on our deck and, well, at the Tavern. But that does not mean we don't get our glad rags out every once in a while and hit a fancy party.

Yesterday was one of those times.

We were at the beautiful Branford House at beautiful Avery Point in, well, beautiful Groton.

It was a stunning afternoon and look who was with us, out there in the river.

That's right, ol' Ledgie. Ledgie likes a fancy party now and then, too.

There was a giant thunderstorm earlier in the day, and the crazy dark clouds never quite left . . .

. . . which made for lovely photo-ops.

See? Lovely.

I maybe shouldn't have stayed out quite so late the night before . . .

The food was fabulous -- my personal favorites were the rare rare tenderloin station and the smoked salmon -- and the bartenders at the open bars poured with a heavy hand. My father-in-law would have approved; he used to say "I make every drink as if I were going to drink it myself."

Mistah spent most of the party like this. He's a working man, you know.

But if you've got to be a working man, The Bran's a pretty nice place to ply your trade.

I mean, look at this place.

Here's me again.

And here's Bill again.

And look! Here's me again. With the moon rising behind me.

It was a beautiful big fat moon, and a stunning evening.

I'm starting to like crossing that bridge.

6 comments:

wondering about the weather in PA said...

Glorious pictures! I'd cross that bridge myself.

CT made the inside first page of our paper...how'd you do in the storm yesterday?

Pickles and Dimes said...

Gasp! I never knew the Mistah's name was Bill. I feel the mystique is gone - hee!

You guys look wonderful. What a great party.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Gorgeous! Groton looks great. We should call it glorious Groton forever more.

But, hey, wait....a working man?? Mistah? What ever do you mean??? Is he finally cashing in on his photo magic??

Beth

Jacquie said...

What a lovely spot! We should borrow it for our reunion in July. It cracks me up to no end that some thought Bill's name was a mystery. No mystery, they are ALL named Bill. Except Tom.

xo
Jacquie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I finally got to see the rest of your dress - loverly! But how come these here fancy rich folk made ya'll eat out in the field? That there house sure looks big enough.

The Lady's Lounge said...

You make me feel like running away from home.