Thursday, June 16, 2011

East Coast Love Fest

I love that blogpost of Jacquie's yesterday.

Love love love.

To see my girl Jacquie and my girl Jennie and my girl Beth all together in San Diego? In Jacquie's Westy? With my niece and nephew and Beth's kids? The tiny cockles of my gigantic heart nearly burst with love and joy.

I must tell you, though, that this is not the first Lovefest that Jennie and those West Coast lovebirds of ours have shared together. Oh, no. There was also the memorable Lovefest of 2008, New London Style:

Jacquie's kids were mere tiny tots back then. And they came to see me in the Tavern.

Unlike the recent West Coast Lovefest, Jacquie's boy was nothing but a happy clam that day.

His sister? Not so much.

See what I mean?

Okay, there, that's better.

So there we were, hanging at the Tavern . . .

. . . eating soup . . .

. . . drinking beer water . . .

. . . playing pinball . . .

Addams Family, baby
. . . and just waiting waiting waiting for the celebrity appearance.

And then there she was!

Jennie!

Our girl, in the flesh.

It was a lovely Tavern visit, and included, at one point, Jacquie's boy sitting on the floor. For reasons that have never been fully explained.

But our East Coast Love Fest didn't stop there. Ohhhhh, no. It carried on at our house, too.

With my sassy baby sister and my girl Jennie in my very own house. At the very same time.

Oh, we carried on, allright . . .

. . . into the night . . .

. . . right into a fabulously indelible memory.

6 comments:

Dawnie said...

I absolutely cannot believe these tykes are the same ones in Jacquie's blog. Those MUST be stand-ins.

Thanks for sharing, E.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

How can that only be 3 years ago? Jacquie's boy is like another species now :)

Can't to see pics and hear stories about this year's upcoming east coast love fest.

xoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

wait

can't WAIT to see...

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Four years, Beth. Four years. Which explains everything....

E

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ohmygod I am such a DOPE! I totally thought 2008 was 4 years ago.

Really, I have nary a clue.

E.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, the good ol' days! My babies were such... um, babies! I have no recollection of my boy on the floor, can you 'splain??

And Beth, you must be "B", not "E". Let's not forget that my brain is the size of a shriveled up pea.

love you peeps

=)

Jacquie