Friday, August 10, 2012

What the hell happened to ITAM 2012?!

I'm not sure what happened to ITAM 2012. I mean, there was ITAM 2010, and ITAM 2011 was featured not once, but twice here on MY&E.

But this year? This July? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. International T-Shirt Appreciation Month was not publicly celebrated. I thought maybe I was in error, maybe ITAM was actually August? But no. No. ITAM is held each year in July.

Regardless of the late date, I feel the need to share. ESPECIALLY after seeing Jacquie yesterday. I simply must. But I'm saving that best part until last.

2012 has been kind to our family in terms of new T shirts.

First we have the Breakers All Star 2012 T shirt


With all team members featured proudly on the back. See my girl over there in the far left 8U team?

And going back to early November, this past year's Dia de los Muertos shirt, created by one of the school's 7th grade students. Love that event.

Ooh, and back a little farther. Just after last year's ITAM, I got a hold of this beauty. Love my Ben.

This is a very recent addition, belonging to my youngest. It's a PLAN fundraiser T shirt, supporting their campaign to fight gender inequality and promote girls rights worldwide.

Because, well, because she is a girl. And so is her sister, and her other sister, and her mom, and her cousin, etc., etc., etc.

Speaking of girl power.... How about those 8U Breakers, making it all the way to 'States'?! Held in beautiful Lancaster, CA. Coolest thing about this T shirt? It glows in the dark.

Go girl!

Oh, plus it has every girl from all 141 teams who participated listed on the back.
All awesome indeed. But are you ready? Ready for the finale? For the favorite of all favorites, which technically isn't a T shirt, but which will, precisely because it's not a T shirt but instead a source of warmth and comfort, be worn much, much more often??

Brace yourself......

Ready???

Whoot. whoot!! A Dutch Tavern hoodie of my very own!

I can hardly believe my good fortune. My girls totally enjoyed the happy dance that ensued when Jacquie bestowed it upon me. And I'm clearly still elated. Thanks, Jacq!
Until next year..........

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Awesome! Jacquie texted me last night, "Beth literally jumped for joy when she got her sweatshirt." I love it!

And yeah, I know what you mean about the lameness of the ITAM organizers this year. I emailed them, asking what was up, but got no response. They were probably too busy getting loaded or something. I'm *sure* they'll be back in business next year.

Love!

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

OMG, I love you. Rocking the Dutch hoodie, so happy to bring you such joy!

xoxoxxoo

Jacquie