Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Virtual Toast

Yesterday I walked home from work and took my jacket off halfway home.

I was walking outside with no jacket.

It was such an unusual, incredible, delightful, fabulous feeling. Almost like, ummmm, like Spring!

I met our lettercarrier on our street and told her I thought it was deck weather. Lori knows all about us and our deck habits. She said, if you're not moving it gets cold; bring a blanket.

And so I did.

I set myself up on the deck with a blankie and a book, and did the only thing any self-respecting deck-loving, warm-weather-worshiping person would do at a time like this.

I made myself a margarita.

I emailed my family -- because godforbid I do something and not report about it immediately:

In honor of Jacquie in San Elijo, and finally sitting on the deck after this insane winter.....

 ......I'm making margaritas.

Mom replied:
I'll be right over.....

Me:
Yes, please.

A minute later, Julie responded:
Yes, please! I'm sitting on my front porch in the sun, listening to Fresh Air. That would be perfect!

I replied:
Wouldn't it be nice to be on our porches together? And not apart?

Julie:
'Twould

And then Julie -- bless her heart -- replied:

I got tired of waiting for Ellie. 

As MB -- and Bill Sr. -- would say, "Atta Girl."

Jane chimed in:
Duuude. I wanna. 

Jacquie -- who is in San Elijo and is basking in the sun while checking her phone, joined right in:

Cheers! I'm cloning my tecate, con limon. It's no margie, but I still win. 

(She's very competitive)

Mom, who has never been, shall we say, technologically confident, totally joined the party by sending her own photo, and did a fine job:

Cheers, Mom!

Cheers, Julie!

Cheers, Jacquie!

Cheers, Jane and MB and Ann and Beth and Mistah and Kevin Ollie and Santa and the Easter Bunny and Husky Dog and Mr. Met and Geno Auriemma and Mumsie and Tiny Tim.

Cheers, everybody!

7 comments:

Beth said...

I love this virtual toast! Had I known I woulda sent a photo of my giant, Padres opening day, Mission brewery hefeweizen (con naranja).

Cheers!

To spring. And porches. And San Elijo.

xoxoxoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

love SO MUCH. The best part is that my phone autocorrected "enjoying" to "cloning".. because they are such similar words???

loved the virtual toast, yesterday was more fun than today.

xoxoxoxoxooxo forevah

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh. Em. Gee. I assuuuuuumed you meant "cloning", Jacquie, like you loved it so much you were going to clone it. Just for us.

Enjoying it is cool too. I guess.

E.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Bef! Opening Day! With Pat, I presume.

Love!

xoxox

E.

Thawed out in Central PA said...

Love this post and it's mainly because I have suffered/survived this harsh winter right along with you. Although I didn't have a drink on the sidelines of my daughter's HS lacrosse game, I also didn't have a coat on...YEAH!
I will say that the toast from your CA sibling didn't quite match up since I didn't see much winter suffering coming from the West Coast :)

Anonymous said...

I loved being part of the coast to coast cheers - hope you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine! Cheers... mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I loved it so much I cloned it!

The toast was, after all, more about our mutual enjoyment than anyone's relative suffering.

Cheers!
Jacquie