Tuesday, April 22, 2014

first things first

Sooo, we missed our anniversary.

Me, You and Ellie debuted on April 19, 2008! 

Happy Anniversary,  Ellie!

Happy Anniversary, Beth!

Happy Anniversary, Jacquie!

Why thank you. 

Six years, kids. I have to say, I think we've come a long way, baby. I've certainly had my share of days where I can't imagine what I can possibly dredge up to fill the page on my day to blog, but still I would not change a thing about our little project and what it's become. 

As the story goes:
Once upon a glass or twelve of wine, Jacquie and Beth and Ellie got to talking. We decided that we were all enormously smart and clever and hilarious, and that it would be a crime not to share our unique talents with the world. We decided to start a blog together.We needed a name, so Jacquie asked Beth: “What should we call a blog about me and you and Ellie?”And the rest, as they say, is history. We are having a blast writing this thing, and if there was any trepidation that we were only smart and clever and hilarious that night because of all the wine, our words here thus far have succinctly affirmed our mutual self-admiration.
Ah, so humble.

To commemorate this auspicious occasion, let's revisit each of our first posts on the ol' bloggie doodle, shall we?

Ellie kicked us off with I Never See This Stuff Coming

Then I chimed in about ice cubes

And Beth's first post was Scary Hairy

It's all so amusing and nostalgic! Ellie was on the road, Beth had a different last name, and I had really...um... dumb naive kids. Some things never change?

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh. Em Gee! I actually noticed we were close to The Big Date last week, but then totally forgot -- thanks for pointing it out, Jacqueline!

I, too, love and adore us, and would not change a thing. Why would I, with all the fame and glory we've accumulated?

Love, love love!
xoxox
Ellie

Beth said...

Ah, our anniversary. Happy day all around you guys. Belated, of course.

And yes, the fame, the glory, it is *almost* too much sometimes. We just have to stay grounded and keep it real. Remember that.

And I can't believe that I didn't comment on that giant saguaro giving you finger the first time I read your post, Ellie!

xoxo,
Beth