Friday, April 11, 2014

Gajah Mina

So, this, my friends, is a Gajah Mina. This particular Gajah Mina gave quite the decent back massage if you stood in its spray, and is the namesake of the property where I stayed in Bali last month.
This is the small temple across from my villa at Gajah Mina. It's where I gratefully left my neti pot offering on the last morning I was there.

Another view from my lanai, with the rain coming down. It would pour rain, for a short while, then typically go back to full sun minutes later. It was never cold. Not even in the middle of the night. Perfect!

Pool shot. (Hi there, Gajah Mina!)

One of the cows in residence. There were four or five, one of them a cute calf. They hung out in  the grassy clearing between the guest rooms and the dining and reception area, their cow bells chiming softly when they took a stroll.

The beach to the right of the property,

which had a cool,  walk through arch

View of the bridge that took us from one side of the property to the other. For me, from my room, the the yoga space, pictured below.

Yoga space. Yes, that's the ocean right below. It was amazing  practicing day after day with the constant ocean's roar in the background, with three sides of the structure open to the lush green beyond.

Aw, villa # 5. My home, which I shared with my roommate and new friend Kate,  for 10 days.

Our pretty door from the other side of the villa.

And one of my very favorite things about Gajah Mina, our outside shower.

With gorgeous stone work.

And more than ample space. I think it's the biggest shower I've ever been in.

Awesome Gajah Mina sunset #1

#2

And #3.
I tell ya, I miss that place!!


1 comment:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh my Gaja. And I thought that place was great because of the *pool*!

How gorgeous. How awesome. How lovely. How incredibly spectacular.

Maybe I should rethink this whole yoga thing......

xoxox
Ellie