Thursday, April 24, 2014

All wound up

The last few days I have been wound up like a tight, fierce fist ready to explode into someone's face. I'm irritable, stressed out, and so over dealing with such intense feelings of impotence and powerlessness.

It's not that I'm not trying to problem solve and work on solutions, I am. But the frustration of re-remembering that I'm dealing with someone who I find completely irrational and extremely hard to communicate with, and that I, of course, can't control, and will never be able to control (even if what is going on is complete crazy making), is humbling, and depressing, and a brutal reminder of just how big and deep and wide some of our bad decisions can be. When you have to work things out over and over and over with someone who doesn't make sense to you, things can get bat-shit bonkers really fucking quickly.

So, in order to sooth my disturbed mind, I'm posting some words of wisdom that will hopefully help me hang on for yet another day of crazy.

You all probably don't need any of these, but bare with me, k?














5 comments:

Pat said...

Love the signs, especially the whisperer one. There are no real guidelines for this situation. Maybe we should get some fireball, beer and wine and your fellow bloggers and write some--what fun.
Please let me know if I can help.
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Love you honey bunny, and this too shall pass.

xoxo
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ach. Hard situations can be so . . . hard. I'm sorry for you. But I *love* those words of wisdom.

And yeah, a margarita may be just the thing.

Love you, doll.

xoxox
Ellie

MB said...

Hang in there, Beth! Love you. xo

The Keating Fam said...

Those are good. My favorite is the first step to forgiveness one. You should purchase the book raising your child's emotional intelligence and use it on this person.

KK